NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Modern Astronomy

Demonperformer

My eq6 mount has recently developed a problem with tracking and goto's with using eqmod so I phoned up Bernard at Modern Astronomy to ask what it could be, he suggested a few things so I had a look but nothing obvious then I tried again and had smoke coming out of the mount. I emailed Bernard to give him the info and he said he would contact the importers straight away , they said it was a motherboard problem, so Bernard has ordered one for them to send to me straight away . This was all done within 48 hrs , so I would just like to say Bernard is a great bloke and gets things sorted really quickly .

Dave

• 5 months later...

Hi.

Just like to say a few words about Bernard at Modern Astronomy.Bernard is an ace guy,really helpful,and goes that extra mile.Contacted Bernard recently enquiring about aquiring an imaging scope.Bernard pointed me in the direction of a scope he thought might be suitable,not only that but because it was a triplet lens,he even worked out the spacing to the sensor,and built the correct adaptors,and they came fitted to the flattener.

Great service,and packing has to be believed.(Loads of packing material,and the box extremely well taped up).

Highly recommend Modern Astronomy.

Mick.

Edited by astro mick
  • Like 2

Hi guys

Yes another big thumbs up to Bernard & Modern Astronomy, recently bought a QHY5-II & a QHY Polemaster off him, i'm fortunate enough to live close to him so he's been good enough to let me pick up my items (by appointment) from him. He's always been very infomative both pre & post sales. 

Thank you Bernard

Over the Xmas holidays I was in fairly frequent contact with Bern from Modern Astronomy, both by email and by phone. He is a really helpful guy and goes out of his way to make things happen.

First thing I wanted was a QHY5L-II-M "CS" adapter (mine was an early one and was supplied with a 'C' type), no problem and he even set up a special order just for it, placed late on the same day, delivered first thing next morning. About a week later I contacted Bern again regarding the QHY miniGuideScope. Although it wasn't in stock as it was pending release he did promise to put me on the "early adopter" list. When it came in stock he contacted me and I placed the order, no quibbles (even got a good deal on it as well).

Thanks Bern!

Have been wanting to use my Nikon lenses for widefield with my second hand QHY5L-II-C guidecam and from initial investigations found I needed a Nikon F>C adapter as this is what was needed as this is what the end of the camera has. 

One was ordered and did not fit......further investigations revealed that I was missing the vitally important scew on adapter that fits the end of the QHY camera.

From on here with the great help of @StuartJPP got in touch with the legend that is Bern at Modern Astro.

He stated that I had the very early version of the caemra that did not have the adapter with it.  Typical.

But after a few emails back and too he managed to find me an empty CS barrel that will fit and all for the pricely sum of a tenner with p&P on top, which I can't say fairer than that.

He had no reason to reply to my email and help, but being the great guy he is,  went above and beyond and will have now set me on the way to another branch of this widely intersting and highly frustrating hobby that is astro photography.

Millions of internet cookies to Bern and all the kudos too.

• Like 1

Ordered a Baader Mpcc mk111 from modern astronomy on jan13th , had a prompt Email  from Bernard to say none in stock ,and that the uk distributor had none either, but he had ordered one from the European distributor so would be a few days longer if that was ok , recieved an email on the 20th to say ordered completed ,delivered on the 21st signed for delivery ,cant ask for better service than that ,have ordered a few things from bernard in the last year or two ,always found his service prompt ,would recommend . 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I thought Id post a quick review for Bernard at Modern Astronomy.  I first started buying off Bernard 10 years ago almost to the day.

I recently purchased a couple of small items from Modern Astronomy.  There was a delay in delivery of one item via Royal Mail, and I was on the phone to a very busy Bernard who assured me that it would turn up.  Email communication was exemplary, and the article arrived a week after expected delivery date.

Highly recommended, and it's nice to see businesses keeping the same customers for extended periods of time.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...