Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yes Finally found Neptune soooo chuffed!!

yelsac

So happy to finally find Neptune, I've tried & failed so often to actually find it then on the morning of 31/8 after imaging m57 I thought Oh why not have a quick go at finding Neptune. Slewed scope & there she was awesome!! & I could really make out the blue when viewing visually(or maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me)

Imaging through 250p with QHY5Liic you could see the colour to. I can't tell you how chuffed I am to finally tick it off the bucket list yippee!

neptune 1.jpg

2nd image was done with a 2.5x barlow added. Not to sure if its picked any of the moons, probably just faint stars

Neptune 3.jpg

thanks for looking

one very happy chappy!

Quote: <Congratulations.

Here is a screenprint from CdC for 3am on 31/8. Triton is the tiny dot in the '10 o'clock' position, so I think it is lost in the glare of the planet. But well done for your first glimpse of our outermost planet.>

Just for general information...you will not "lose Triton in the glare of the planet" & you cannot establish the orientation of Triton wrt your particular scope/set-up unless you know where North etc is...rotating the camera etc anywhere off of N-up or whatever the ephemeris is displaying alters the position of Triton relative to Neptune...

"Stretching" your image (ie, raising the levels highly) might well cause Triton to appear in your image...it might well be one of those 2 "stars" you see in your barlowed image but you won't know unless you can establish the UT you took the image...& WinJupos is your best easy reference for establishing Triton's position.

But congratulations regardless - finding this little fella & imaging him is indeed a feat! :)

Y

Archived