NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tele Vue 60mm

My Tele Vue 60mm arrived this morning :smile:

Here she is sitting on a Baader Witty 1 and fitted with a TV Everbright 1.25" diagonal and Leica ASPH Zoom...

IMG_0077.JPG

Now I just need to decide what to mount it on :rolleyes2:

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Lovely job Derek. Looks like a job for a mini Giro or similar, keep it lightweight so you use it often

Good idea, Stu.

I'm also planning on having a finder shoe that I can fit to the dovetail (without the Witty) with a correct image diagonal an a Plossl so that I can use it as the finder on my VX12 and sell the Altair 80mm Maxi-Finder. The Witty makes it too heavy and tall for that but hopefully it will have enough of a wide field view that I wouldn't have to worry about the lack of alignment adjustment providing the finder shoe is fitted squarely enough.

17 minutes ago, DRT said:

Good idea, Stu.

I'm also planning on having a finder shoe that I can fit to the dovetail (without the Witty) with a correct image diagonal an a Plossl so that I can use it as the finder on my VX12 and sell the Altair 80mm Maxi-Finder

Dibs?

:icon_biggrin:

Wow looks great! :smiley:

You might be one of the very few people if not the only one trying the leica asph with the tv60. I would be very interested in reading your impressions about this combo.

Piero 

Hello Derek, that is a very classy set up there, well smart and being a televue then you know it's going to be quality?

Don't let Faulksy know about it though ,as I hear he is after a finder for his 20inch dob now  the mirror is done ,already for Tuesday . That would be a cracker to go on his dob. Just imagine the quality and views in that set up ?

Derek - Congratulations on Three fronts:

1/ Putting together a lovely little travel combo?

2/ Asembling probably the most expensive Finder scope in history??

3/ On Finally finally breaking your inexplicable obsession with Green & Black eyepieces....... Still not exactly slumping it !!!??

Paul

4 minutes ago, Piero said:

Wow looks great! :smiley:

You might be one of the very few people if not the only one trying the leica asph with the tv60. I would be very interested in reading your impressions about this combo.

Piero 

I certainly will, Piero :wink:

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

Lovely Derek, that's that gap in your collection filled :)

Were you tempted by the Takahashi equivalent, the FS 60CB? I'm periodically tempted by this one.

That's a lovely one!

Sorry for the lack of updates guys but I have been away on a boys trip to Portugal for the past eight days :cool2:

Will post an update when I get the chance to use the scope again but in the meantime would be more than happy for @Piero to post an update :smile:

1 hour ago, DRT said:

Sorry for the lack of updates guys but I have been away on a boys trip to Portugal for the past eight days :cool2:

Will post an update when I get the chance to use the scope again but in the meantime would be more than happy for @Piero to post an update :smile:

:icon_salut: .. but it will take some time before receiving.. currently out of stock! :icon_rolleyes: 

I apologise in advance for a purchase-dependent rainy October / November.. :evil4:

Ladies and gentlemen, Loungers, this tantalising, intriguing, cliffhanger of a tale will return to your screen presently ...

Has Derek's 'boys trip' kept you on edge, waiting for a reply? Has Piero's teasing left you wishing for more info? Will there be a delay in delivery? When will these updates be posted?

Tune in again to catch up, thread-followers ... For now, just hang on in there.

???

14 minutes ago, Floater said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Loungers, this tantalising, intriguing, cliffhanger of a tale will return to your screen presently ...

Has Derek's 'boys trip' kept you on edge, waiting for a reply? Has Piero's teasing left you wishing for more info? Will there be a delay in delivery? When will these updates be posted?

Tune in again to catch up, thread-followers ... For now, just hang on in there.

???

Just to manage expectations - don't expect to find Bobbie Ewing in the shower with Angie when Dirty Den returns from his trip down the canal in the next exciting episode. It's more likely to contain reports of light pollution and unending clouds :clouds2:

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎30 at 07:26, cloudsweeper said:

Blimey, Derek, which of those two components is the telescope??

Doug.

My wild guess is that the horizontal stuff needs to be shorter if we're going to see a first light:grin:

Archived