Perseids Full collection August 12th

Very nice, I was siting up the garden around 11 pm to 11.30 , was looking East and think it may have been the seven sisters . Hard to say just my eye in a city, a big one head South and going down fast, next one  about 5 mins later South again staying high , 10 after this one come abit more from the North going South again staying high again , now the last one around 11.20 was odd as I did not see it but what I think was the seven sisters just lit up for under a sec , so I see 3 and this one odd one.

So what ones are around this time are in your images please.

14 hours ago, hobsey said:

Nice collection there.

Just been looking at that lens you used after seeing your images, might be purchasing one for my qhy5L-ii.

The images will get a lot better with it, as I really was thinking about capturing videos when I did it. you should try its a lot of fun. Though the leonids will have a moon around. But if a bright one comes along it should be worth getting, I am certainly going to try

Cheers

11 hours ago, SnakeyJ said:

Stunning collection and some great bright trails - an awful lot of work to go through thousands of frames, but really like the presentation.  

You can say that again Jake ser has to be converted first, then I pick them out on virtual dub. And save as frames. For video it then has to be converted to Gif

I have a really cool video I am working on, a rather unusual and surprising one, I will post when done. Glad you found it interesting

Cheers

Hi David I used Altaircapture which comes with Altair cameras, Namely the one here The GPCAMv32  not sure if other cameras run through it ?  What camera are you currently using QHY ? if so what model ?

Btw is this link working do you know I redid a video, chopped it and other things. if you go on chrome just paste and it should pop up. its quite cool

Cheers. Btw just looked at your sun images very nice David

file:///C:/Users/Kathy/Downloads/Perseids_Aug_12th.webp

1 hour ago, Bonnylad said:

Whilst I've seen a striking handful of white smokey trails, they'll have to remain seared across the eye - no camera yet. But next time...

The camera I used here is terrific value, a great first camera for all number of targets cheers

31 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

No it doesn't.

I doubt it ever will as it's a destination on your computer and not a Web address 

That's strange I used a web server that links into google chrome for this purpose. Thanks for the info i will look into it

Archived