Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol 2-6-16 08.25

xtreemchaos

seeings terrible thismorrning, sols nearly blank,its one of them ruff with the smooth jobbes, not a lot to focus on. taken with 120mm frac ,1.5x barlow,lunt solar wedge,1200d in mono. 80 frames staxed with regi and coloured in photoshop.  thanks for looking, hope you all have clear skys charl.sol 2-6-16 08.25.pngsol 2-6-16 08.25 col.png

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks laudropb, looks like i might get my blank disc shot if the weather holds out. getting on allright with the camera, still need to find its sweet spot, but havnt had a decent spot to try it on yet, im going to try it with the ed80 tomorrow, tryed it on the summer behive lastnight , the subs look good but carnt stax due shooting at 18 megpix by mistake, ill give it another go tonight.clear skys charl.

Nice capture, once more. That could well spell a blank disk tomorrow, or maybe with the trailing en of that AR right on the edge. I remember last minimum showed a blank WL disk for a month or more :eek:

I have never observed a minimum in Ca-K or H-alpha, so I am not sure what we will be up against

Dave ,its a nice place to live,its a slow pace of living, good skys, bad roads, nice people. i carnt see myself ever moving, hope your cloud gos away, i had the same weather lastweek, id watch the cloud go oneway in the morrning and the other way in the afternoon. charl.

9 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

Dave ,its a nice place to live,its a slow pace of living, good skys, bad roads, nice people. i carnt see myself ever moving, hope your cloud gos away, i had the same weather lastweek, id watch the cloud go oneway in the morrning and the other way in the afternoon. charl.

I was born at Broadhaven during the war , not far from you, driven through Carmarthen a few times on the way to St Davids, I was  named after him, a mismatch if ever there was one :grin:

Dave

3 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Nice capture, once more. That could well spell a blank disk tomorrow, or maybe with the trailing en of that AR right on the edge. I remember last minimum showed a blank WL disk for a month or more :eek:

I have never observed a minimum in Ca-K or H-alpha, so I am not sure what we will be up against

Do folks think we are close to a minimum? I'm struggling to interpret what Wikipedia says about the current cycle.

I think it would be quite good to get a shot of a truly blank disk as a 'starting point' in some ways its a significant event.

There's a project for you Charl, spend eleven years making an animation of the next cycle ;-)

Archived