NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2 hours ago, Gavster said:

Just heard from Nick that he has got the scopes. Mine is being delivered to me on Friday so obviously forecast is for cloud??

Don't worry about cloud, the Tak sees through it. Just joking! But you won't care anyway as you'll be too busy looking at it. :blob7:

Mike

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, surfindogg said:

More photos ........!!!!!??????⭐️

Yea - I just discovered emojis on the Mac!

It'll take a week to get through the three layers, it's like pass the parcel unpacking a new Tak ??

1 hour ago, Gavster said:

Something has just arrived! ?

image.jpeg

WHAT ON EARTH COULD IT BE?! 

Whatever it is, my heart rate has suddenly increased dramatically, and it isn't even mine! Open it, Open it !!!!! :blob7::blob5::blob3::blob6:

Mike

I had totally forgot i had asked Ian King to let me know if he ended up with another DL but thought they had all been accounted for so bought a DF from True Tech a couple of months ago.

He has this morning though emailed me and said he still has a DL in stock and if i wanted it (i was trying to see if my finances would allow me to do what Gav has done but i can't quite stretch it) so this is the only one left in UK for sale new still if anyone is interested.

He may well have other people on the waiting list but in case he doesn't it might be worth a chase if anyone was in the market for one.

On 18/05/2016 at 10:51, Thewalkingastronomer said:

I had totally forgot i had asked Ian King to let me know if he ended up with another DL but thought they had all been accounted for so bought a DF from True Tech a couple of months ago.

He has this morning though emailed me and said he still has a DL in stock and if i wanted it (i was trying to see if my finances would allow me to do what Gav has done but i can't quite stretch it) so this is the only one left in UK for sale new still if anyone is interested.

He may well have other people on the waiting list but in case he doesn't it might be worth a chase if anyone was in the market for one.

Thanks for the "heads up" Adam - much appreciated :icon_biggrin:

I'm very pleased to say that I will shortly become the proud owner of this FC-100-DL :hello2:

From everything I've read about it since it's announcement last year, it seems to be that Takahashi have created something rather special with this instrument. I'm hoping to find out just how special over the coming weeks and months :icon_biggrin:

50 minutes ago, John said:

I'm very pleased to say that I will shortly become the proud owner of this FC-100-DL :hello2:

From everything I've read about it since it's announcement last year, it seems to be that Takahashi have created something rather special with this instrument. I'm hoping to find out just how special over the coming weeks and months :icon_biggrin:

Excellent! Welcome to the Tak club John. Hope you enjoy it!

3 hours ago, John said:

Nice one, welcome to the Tak club I'm sure you're going to love it..

Tony.

Quick update, lots of clouds here but my new mount has just turned up from Japan. Initial impression is that it is rock solid. Now i can mount both the DF and the DL at the same time, I'm all set for a comparison.

image.jpeg

Wow ! - nice mount. The T-Rex is capable of handling far heavier scopes than the Tak FC100 from photos I've seen of other payloads on them.

Mine will be on my Giro II mount atop it's hardwood tripod.

Can't wait until Monday when it's due to arrive !

34 minutes ago, Gavster said:

Quick update, lots of clouds here but my new mount has just turned up from Japan. Initial impression is that it is rock solid. Now i can mount both the DF and the DL at the same time, I'm all set for a comparison.

image.jpeg

Looks very nice Gavin. How do you mount two scopes on it, bolted together?

Archived