Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like the Mad Hatter's refractor party! ?

I suspect aluminising has a bit of a metallic smell to it, and so probably won't taste too good either. But your Tak lens with its coffee coloured coating? Hmmm, Yummy! 

This thread is taking a worrying turn.... I think these fetishes need to stay private chaps, otherwise they will send people round and ask awkward questions! I will certainly never publicly confirm or deny whether I sniff my scopes ?.

On a slightly grotesque note, I found myself virtually licking the corrector plate on a C9.25 I am nursing back to health ??. It was in a horrible mess with dew marks and copious snail trails. I blame Gerry! I told him that washing and several  gallons of Baader Wonderfluid hadn't touched it, so he suggested a Roland Christien tip of saliva!! I won't go into details, but it's come up shiny and beautiful ??????

I find a bit of spit shifts a lot of stuff that even supposedly "clean everything"  sprays don't move.

When I was working I used a lot of Jif to remove pencil marks etc, then they changed the name and the formula and made it completely useless .

Dave

I find a bit of breath on a lens followed by the micro fibre cloth quite effective. A lot of "huff" needed for a 9.25" SCT corrector though !

Edit: I won't be cleaning my Tak objective anytime soon though.

39 minutes ago, John said:

I find a bit of breath on a lens followed by the micro fibre cloth quite effective. A lot of "huff" needed for a 9.25" SCT corrector though !

Edit: I won't be cleaning my Tak objective anytime soon though.

Yes indeed!!

I've never cleaned my Tak, despite its regular use. I'm too scared to! Might get someone who really knows these scopes to do it eventually.

Archived