Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

jupiter 19th - april - 16

si@nite

Jittery seeing last night but there were a few moments of calm in between, finaly got an half decent image from the meade - 12" which has been a learning curve to say the least!

Image taken using a skyris 236m - 1.3x barlow!

19-4-16 rgb v2_hf.png

2 hours ago, Barv said:

Congrats Simon, glad to see you're getting to grips with the larger scope. (Mine took 2 years)!

Regards

Harvey

Cheers Harvey

Bigger scopes bigger problems as you well know Harvey, my main problem is the mirror flop, no mirror locks on mine so collimation can be a problem, not to mention cooling issues & all that extra weight lol, not far of a C14 I believe, last & not least new cam & fl problems too, why we put ourselves through it I don't know, but bigger scopes don't necessarily mean better images, without good seeing it does'nt matter a jot! :grin:!

1 hour ago, theo said:

These are looking good Simon, you certainly made the most of that steadier moment in the seeing. I'm also glad to see you getting some results with the 12".

Pete

Cheers Pete, very much appreciated!

3 hours ago, si@nite said:

Cheers Harvey

Bigger scopes bigger problems as you well know Harvey, my main problem is the mirror flop, no mirror locks on mine so collimation can be a problem, not to mention cooling issues & all that extra weight lol, not far of a C14 I believe, last & not least new cam & fl problems too, why we put ourselves through it I don't know, but bigger scopes don't necessarily mean better images, without good seeing it does'nt matter a jot! :grin:!

Good shot Simon.  Like the detail in the image some good data there. Processing reminds me of someone else on here.  Did you use micro contrast on the wake ? Somekind of fine sharpening on it.

Bigger scopes can be more troublesome cant they. It takes time to learn the beast so to speak. Been using the SW more myself, and you learn how to get the best out of it, what its good at and what its not. You may notice, the image goes out of focus a lot more than a smaller scope. All that mirror getting affected more by air currents and temperatures. We all learn all this by reading, as most of us do. But when you learn these things for yourself, out in the field. And start to tame the beast, Its a great feelling knowing your getting in tune with the instrument.

And learning how to do good planetary imaging with different equipment ect

Cheers Neil.

I did indeed use micro - contrast on the image + some very light selective sharpening too, I tend to push my images to much but think these look about right, as you know less is more should be the golden rule!

Archived