Total Newbie (Rebel without a clue)

kreed

Hi All,

I acquired (cough) a telescope a couple of months ago, Nexstar 102GT, & it's sat in the study whispering to me. I've never looked through one before but have always looked up at the night sky & wondered. I now have the time & the inquisitiveness to give it a go.

I'm pushing 60, male, & computer savvy ish. I live near Bedford, UK & have a big garden to tend. Off to Tenerife next week to top up the tan. I also collect old hand tools, engineering & wood, & have an untidy mind.

So hello everyone, & be afraid, very afraid!

Hi Kreet,

Welcome to the site. Tenerife is a very good site for astronomy. If you have the option, bring along the scope. You can watch the stars at night and sleep in the sun in day time.

Hi and welcome!  I was in your shoes (minus the scope) a couple of months ago but with all the great advice on here, i've progressed to my first scope and now have all the family looking to the heavens and pointing out stars and constellations lol.

If you really want to get involved in astronomy, then this is the place to be.  There's a wealth of information in the search bar alone but if nothing answers your query, there's a ton of people who look forward to imparting their knowledge.

Have fun with your scope, and clear skies!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived