NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just another quick hello

vlebo

Hello everyone.icon_smile.gif

Just a quick word to introduce myself.

I have been interested in Astronomy all my life and last year treated myself to a Meade 10" LX200R. The sad thing is I have never used it. It still has pride of place in a wardrobe in my garage but the thoght of getting it set up fills me with dread.

I trhink I should have gone for something easier to set up.

hopefully this summer I will get over my fear of technology and have a go.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Yours in Desperation

Vlebo

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vlebo, welcome to the SGL group.

Don't fret about your scope set up, plenty of advice available to you. I have an LX9O, and there are a number of others with LX scopes. If you follow the Manual carefully, then you will get there.

Scrolling through the Handbox can be a bit intimidating, but only until you get to understand the menu system. As KK mentioned, If you live close to someone with a similar unit to you, it would be easy for them to go through it with you. I live in Cumbria, so if that's any help I would be pleased to come see you.

Cheers.

Ron. :D

Thank you to all who have replied to my post.

I was really pleasently surprised to get such a nice response from all of you .

I live in Stanmore MIddlesex and look forward to chatting with you over the coming months and getting my scope up and running.

Thanks again to all of you.

Vlebo

Hello Vlebo and welcome :D

As others have said, don't be intimidated by your scope....my first LX was my 14 inch and it took 2 of us to lift that!!!

Cheers

Rob

• 1 month later...

Hi Vlebo,

welcome to SGL! I'm fairly new here myself and have bothered these guys endlessly with stupid questions. So far they've been very friendly! :lol:

I too have just bought a 10" LX200 (but I've got the classic model) and have used it a total of ... (hang on let me count them up, ...) ... 1 whole time!!! :shocked:

Also, I was born and bred in Staines, Middlesex!

Perhaps we can swap notes on what we learn about the LX200!

Anyway, Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you all but I want to thank you all for your kind words and as soon as I am up and running you will be the first to know

Thanks again

Vlebo

Archived