Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sunday 20th December

Montana

Finally some sunshine at long last, a month in the dark and I was awoken to light :) Unfortunately I had to go to church and when I got back it was cloudy ;) So I set up anyway and after lunch the Sun popped out from the clouds and I had a 30 minute gap. Seeing was terrible out the window but I managed a jet transit too :) All taken with the CaK PST and DS Halpha PST and  DMK41.

23785464981_981510b0b2_b.jpg2015-12-20 Full discs f colour by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

23841847296_048e9ec627_b.jpg2015-12-20 plane by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

23241119863_388f08a664_o.gif2015-12-20-plane-transit by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

I also received an aurorawatch alert too, so we went out to the cow field to see if I could see anything, again the clouds were plaguing me but they did eventually part low enough to the horizon to show some green on a 15 second exposure. Pity about the clouds illuminating the Manchester pollution. However this is the first time I have captured a solar storm from home :)

23247083703_f8111b8999_b.jpgAurora!! 20th December 2015 by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

23791411091_593bea1521_b.jpgAurora!! 20th December 2015 by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

What a great day, amazing what you can see when there are no clouds for a moment :)

Alexandra

So nice to see some excellent Solar pic's Alexandra, weathers been taking the proverbial here, got up at 5.30 to try and catch Catalina and was greeted by a clear sky with a thick cloud bank to the east which miraculously disappeared as the Sun rose promising a nice day only for it to start teeing down as it rose high enough to image, been raining ever since  :BangHead:

Dave

Thanks folks for the kind words :) :) :)

Pig - not a sunset sorry, it is what Manchester light pollution does to a 15 second exposure ;)

Alexandra

LoL.... what a pity, but hey Manchester is one of my favourite places to visit :laugh:

Lovely images! Not much sun here of late, it was clear when the aurora alert was on but I couldn't see anything that didn't look like light pollution! (no sunset though!). I was lucky to see one at the Kelling Heath star party some years back, but that is darker than here so Sol will have to really put on a show I think for it to show up from our garden!

Archived