NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bi-colour ngc2244 Rosette Nebula

ChrisLX200

An unexpected clear spell allowed me to capture some OIII data on this last night, so here it is added to Ha channel I captured some weeks ago. This is a hefty crop of the full frame due to some gradients which I have yet to sort out (and probably won't bother until I have the full set of data).

ngc2244%20bi-colour%20crop_zpsant7sncu.j

ChrisH

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone! The colours are not really to my liking either as a bi-colour, I like to see the OIII as actually 'blue' :-)  It won't do that until the SII channel is included though. I don't like posting half-complete images but this permacloud is just so frustrating I felt I had to post _something_!

I had word my 12" ODK is ready for collection so I'll be snowed under new gear with no chance of using it...

ChrisH

Yes, this is lovely and oozing with finesse. I'm not a narrowband imager and so I'm happy to accept colour mapping for what it is. HaOIIIOIII can approach broadband colour but that isn't compulsory. Who could ask for more delicacy than we see here?

Olly

Great shot!

I assume this is taken with the Moravian 16Meg camera? Would it be possible to post a 100% crop of the central area (with the bok globules)? I have used a np101is in the past

and am curious to see the definition / resolution of this telescope - ccd combo. Are you using a flattner to fully cover the chip? Great scope btw... :grin:

Thanks,

Pieter

Great shot!

I assume this is taken with the Moravian 16Meg camera? Would it be possible to post a 100% crop of the central area (with the bok globules)? I have used a np101is in the past

and am curious to see the definition / resolution of this telescope - ccd combo. Are you using a flattner to fully cover the chip? Great scope btw... :grin:

Thanks,

Pieter

Thanks, but this data is still incomplete remember, but here you go:

No flattener required for this scope (or even available AFAIK).

ngc2244%20bi-colour%20bok_zpsk182gtnr.jp

ChrisH

Thanks, but this data is still incomplete remember, but here you go:

No flattener required for this scope (or even available AFAIK).

ngc2244%20bi-colour%20bok_zpsk182gtnr.jp

ChrisH

Thanks for sharing, that is indeed very good. That's about 2.8 arcsec/pixel if I'm not mistaken?

The NP series from TeleVue should get more recognition, they are incredibly good instruments. (right on par with Takahashi / TEC / AP)

I am starting to feel sorry for selling mine...

The only slight downside is the collimation system of the front lens assembly, this should be made more robust to my opinion.

TeleVue do recommend their LCL-1069 "large field corrector" for use with fullframe sensors with the np101is and np127is:

http://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_page.asp?id=37&Tab=_table#LCL-1069

Maybe not so critical with your large 9 micron pixels?

Regards,

Pieter

Thanks for sharing, that is indeed very good. That's about 2.8 arcsec/pixel if I'm not mistaken?

The NP series from TeleVue should get more recognition, they are incredibly good instruments. (right on par with Takahashi / TEC / AP)

I am starting to feel sorry for selling mine...

The only slight downside is the collimation system of the front lens assembly, this should be made more robust to my opinion.

TeleVue do recommend their LCL-1069 "large field corrector" for use with fullframe sensors with the np101is and np127is:

Maybe not so critical with your large 9 micron pixels?

Regards,

Pieter

That's very interesting, I didn't know about about that field corrector. Now I'm going to have to try and find one.. :-)

I'll have to go back and check exactly what the scale is with the G4-16000, but with the Atik490EX it is 1.4 arcsec/pxl. A similar crop below from that camera:

H-alpha

ngc2244%20AstHa%20ST%20PS%20bok_zpsl9ukv

Bi-colour:

ngc2244%20Rosette%20bi-colour%20bok_zpst

ChrisH

Thanks Bonze ;-)

A correction - the 1.4 arcsec/pxl is for the 490EX + NP127is + reducer, without reducer (as those images were ) the scale is 1.1 arcsec/pxl.

I looked for a UK source of that field corrector, there isn't one that appears to have any stock. Looks like a direct order from the likes of OPT or similar is the way forward (I haven't looked at Euro supplies yet though). Even so, the G4-16000 despite it apparently working nicely with the NP127is was really aquired to work with a 12" ODK (a much better match for pixel scale)  and which, incidentally, all being well I will be picking up on Monday :-)

ChrisH

Archived