NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar Ha 20th Oct

Freddie

Thanks for the comments everyone.

James, yes I'm very happy with the ST120. I think that if you happen to have a better scope for DSO/planetary that can be used for solar then that's handy but buying a new scope for solar with a quark I really can't see a benefit from the majority of scopes costing 6-7 times that of the ST120 with a focus upgrade.

Tyson M, just the UV/IR cut filter fitted before the quark (I don't use a diagonal) and I can't detect any temperature increase even during long mid summer sessions.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

James, yes I'm very happy with the ST120. I think that if you happen to have a better scope for DSO/planetary that can be used for solar then that's handy but buying a new scope for solar with a quark I really can't see a benefit from the majority of scopes costing 6-7 times that of the ST120 with a focus upgrade.

Tyson M, just the UV/IR cut filter fitted before the quark (I don't use a diagonal) and I can't detect any temperature increase even during long mid summer sessions.

Great! Thanks for answering.  I have a UV/IR filter for my 100mm. Hope to get a quark sometime in the future. Cheers and great shots! 

Archived