NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Got my kit!

Well my Dob finally came in today. Chose a 10" Revelation. Assembly was a breeze (albeit no instructions as far as dob mount goes). Everything was pretty much self explanatory thank goodness. I'll follow-up with how it does.1c653b63720b9cac1063d5283ce4fc16.jpgf7cdd3c827dadc82178e9eab11e2a5ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is too hard to judge by eye accounts, also though I am new to the hobby.

^cant you use a laser collimator?  You shouldn't have to worry about aligning the mirrors again after buying one. I think it is essential, either that or a Cheshire collimator. 

You should be able to see plenty of great objects as it is, buy yeah, think about buying a laser collimator. Then look on youtube how to use it. That might sound like you're being fobbed off, but its much better explained if you can watch a video.

Good luck, Tony.

Archived