NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Heart Nebula.

ollypenrice

I already had a reasonable HaRGB data set from last year on this one but there's a difference between reasonable and a lot!  :grin:  I was pleased when our guest Mark suggested we spend a night on it, especially since we now have a 3 Nm Astrodon whereas the previous set used a Baader 7. I spent the afternoon on a practice run-through with the data so I could give a better demo later. (You can't beat cheating...) Then I blended the two sets. The Astrodon made the star reduction so much easier.

There was no luminance filter used in this. I think keeping small colourful stars in these Milky Way targets is easier without it. Ha was added to red in blend mode lighten and just used very sparingly for Luminance as well.

Heart%20Nebua%20HaRGB-M.jpg

Bigger,  https://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-pmQ4Dvv/0/X3/Heart%20Nebua%20HaRGB-X3.jpg

And biggest, https://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-pmQ4Dvv/0/O/Heart%20Nebua%20HaRGB.jpg

I'll blend it with my existing Heart and Soul at some point.

Olly

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I especially like the nebulosity around the Tricuspid and Mitral regions ;)

Well, it's nice to have a learned allusion to these cardiac components because the biological attentions of lower minded astrophotographers tend to head... ah... south from there...

Ahem.

Olly

Well, it's nice to have a learned allusion to these cardiac components because the biological attentions of lower minded astrophotographers tend to head... ah... south from there...

Ahem.

Olly

Oh yeah, I can kind of see the infered anatomy now you mention it, we'll just call it the Aortic arch region. 

One of my eternal favourites .............. partly due to my sniggers at the upper part of the Heart nebula. My favourite term for it is unprintable on a family forum! I guess that makes me one of those gutter types   :D :D

Me also I'm afraid :embarassed:

Still, if Radio 4 can do puerile humour then it can't be all bad.  I'll try to remember to post a link to Olly's image to my colleagues tomorrow and see what reaction it gets.

James

Archived