NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar Luncheon - 6th September

Luke

Hi Starfolk,

I am still learning to be patient, I was set up and good to go at 8am on Sunday, ready to greet the clear skies that the Giver of False Hope had predicted. Alas, I was just on the wrong side of the huge strip of cloud. I finally got a look in towards noon. Seeing was not the best, but it beats cloud and I am learning patience! Afternoon the clouds were actually welcome, lovely puffy ones that avoided Sol :laugh:  Thanks for looking, Luke PS struggled against noise with these, not so many frames in the stack.

21027298220_fcf54c79df_o.jpg

21215452125_460488af6a_o.jpg

---
6th September, 2015
Equinox 120, Quark Chromosphere, Grasshopper 3 camera (ICX687), 0.5x reducer

Thanks everyone for your kind comments  :laugh:

Pete, have patience I must :smiley: Can't recall many days of easy pickings this summer!

Michael, I hope you got a chance.

Dave, re: the noise I should have explained, especially on the proms I was limited how much I could sharpen otherwise the noise got really bad. During capture the details snapped in now and again quite nicely but there was a lot of blurring in most frames so I mostly stacked dozens of frames instead of the usual hundreds. I went to go through a few more rounds of sharpening and the image fell to the floor and begged for mercy :grin:

Here's another one from the same session, I was hoping I could tease a little more detail from the filament to see its structure more clearly but I was overlooking the hairy spicules at the edge and I think they have come out quite nicely/add something to the image. Thanks for looking, Luke

20601514443_831cb6db24_o.jpg

Archived