NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A beast of a refractor ......

Crikey, it's even bigger than your old Istar John ;)

Yep :smiley:

There was an F/15 on offer when I bought my F/12 ...... I'm glad I didn't, I could barely fit the F/12 in my Volvo Estate :rolleyes2:

i do hold a BIG candle for refractors but despite the history of this one,price they are looking for is by far too steep! For that money you can get TAK150 and be happy for the rest of your life.And Takahashi will always keep a good re-sale value and quality of optics will be on top shelf.I know owning already a rare Vixen is great but Takahashi has always fascinated me lol.Some day... some day it is going to happen.

i do hold a BIG candle for refractors but despite the history of this one,price they are looking for is by far too steep! For that money you can get TAK150 and be happy for the rest of your life.And Takahashi will always keep a good re-sale value and quality of optics will be on top shelf.I know owning already a rare Vixen is great but Takahashi has always fascinated me lol.Some day... some day it is going to happen.

I have a similar ambition. An FS 128 would do me just fine  :smiley: 

It's a lovely thing, and it seems very overpriced to me. The 'scope itself is nice if tired, the mount is very basic, no additional parts. The 'value' seems to be in it's history alone

If left to find it's own price, I'd be surprised if it went for over £1000, probably much less than that

Richard

"The lens has some small ships but this has no impact on the observations. "

John did your Istar have ships too? [emoji1]

I think ships are be expected, after all, it's a sail not an auction... :)

Archived