Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first Moon mosaic

Kakadush

Hello , 

Figured i'll try to make a full moon (almost) mosaic and it proved to be more challenging then i thought but i think it turned out alright , hope you like it :) 

Scope : 5" Celestron reflector 

Camera : ASI 120 MC-S + x2 Barlow

Total of 31 Avi's shot for 1500 frames each and 50% stacked. 

Wavelength in Registax 6 

​Dan. 

post-42891-0-21715400-1434200291_thumb.j

Excellent image Dan.  Could probably ease back a bit on the sharpening, though that does depend on what type of affect you are ring to achieve.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks for pointing that out , i think i shot the AVI's with too much gain , being my first time shooting the moon i did not know any better and i found that even with little sharpening i was getting those halos :( 

i'll definitely pay more attention to that next time around. 

Dan.

Another member joins the band of great SGL imagers, well done.

That's quite a compliment . thank you ! :) 

You are to be congratulated! Mosaics a lot of work and require great care to reach this level. I once did a high-resolution mosaic but unfortunately oversight was lacking a little bit. If you want to see my work open the link: http://www.astrobin.com/full/46096/0/?real=&mod=

That's a great shot , the angle of the moon really high lights the Alpine Valley it's very beautiful ! 

Dan.

Archived