Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn June 10th

Space Cowboy

This if form Firecapture and the info is taken straight from the 'database'.

As I am using Sharpcap because of webcam issues with Firecapture, I use Fitswork (free) and in the processing options menu

> more functions > insert text and frame

It does not look as good as the Firecapture result but it's still good ;)

This if form Firecapture and the info is taken straight from the 'database'.

As I am using Sharpcap because of webcam issues with Firecapture, I use Fitswork (free) and in the processing options menu

> more functions > insert text and frame

It does not look as good as the Firecapture result but it's still good ;)

Thanks - I'll have a look at that - I think fire capture is compatible with my skyris. I'll also have a look at fitswork.

Hi Stuart,

With Saturn been so low it is proving difficult, but at least you got out and gave it a go. 

I had my third go last night, the first night I got two runs and nothing very good, the second night was okay but only managed 1 run (thread on here) and last night was better, 5 full runs in RGB, one of them looks reasonable, but still processing.

Robin

The last thing we need Freddie is bad trans on Saturn. You could barely make it out with the naked eye. The seeing was only average. I reckon its now been 2 years since I last had good trans and seeing on the same night!

Thanks Robin its a tough task all right but I'm convinced its possible to get a decent shot even at this low alt provided the weather cooperates! Will be interesting to see your results!

The last thing we need Freddie is bad trans on Saturn. You could barely make it out with the naked eye. The seeing was only average. I reckon its now been 2 years since I last had good trans and seeing on the same night!

Thanks Robin its a tough task all right but I'm convinced its possible to get a decent shot even at this low alt provided the weather cooperates! Will be interesting to see your results!

Exactly Stuart, its the key isn't it, 30 fps is not enough even on good seeing, Seeing doesn't look calm here. you did what you could with what you had

Archived