SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SHOW US YOUR MAK.......

10 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Perhaps they help to make good beer, Ian. Definitely time for a star party

IMG_5331.JPG

I'll drink to that. A word to the brewery would be good, a nice winter ale  and  The Mighty Mak would be a good name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alfian said:

I'll drink to that. A word to the brewery would be good, a nice winter ale  and  The Mighty Mak would be a good name.

How about the beer being called "The maksutov cocktail"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

I have had my Blue peter sticky tape and glue out again, i was not happy with the "blue dewshield" for the 127 Maksutov, so here is the MK2, in Carbon fibre

Mak dewshield (1).JPG

Mak dewshield (2).JPG

Better :) 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 16:50, nightfisher said:

As this is a thread close to my heart, dont we just love the maksutov telescope, here is my 127 on the star discovery

wooden pier az (1).JPG

Seeing as this 127 is now my main scope, and will be for the very foreseeable future, i have invested in a Revelation 1.25 dialectric diagonal, though i do wonder if this will out perform the nice Circle T prism. Also i have a rather nice Solar filter en route for the Mak, i dont mind spending a bit on sensible accessories/upgrades as this scope is working very well indeed for me, will post pics when all bits have arrived 

• Like 1

A friend recently advertised his "Planet Killer" for sale and I couldn't resist ........

TEC MC200mm F15.5 , although #213 built in 2003, she is as new condition both optically and cosmetically.  With a mere 26% central obstruction, the views are more refractor like than some refractors I have used.

Using it with Zeiss binoviewers and Takahashi Abbe & LE eyepieces this scope has shown me my best ever views of Saturn which at the moment passes at an altitude of 76º in the evenings.....

MIS_4587.jpg

MIS_4439 copy.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

A friend recently advertised his "Planet Killer" for sale and I couldn't resist ........

TEC MC200mm F15.5 , although #213 built in 2003, she is as new condition both optically and cosmetically.  With a mere 26% central obstruction, the views are more refractor like than some refractors I have used.

Using it with Zeiss binoviewers and Takahashi Abbe & LE eyepieces this scope has shown me my best ever views of Saturn which at the moment passes at an altitude of 76º in the evenings.....

MIS_4587.jpg

MIS_4439 copy.jpg

Wow, gorgeous setup you have there Rainmaker!

• Like 2

On 18/08/2017 at 16:50, nightfisher said:

As this is a thread close to my heart, dont we just love the maksutov telescope, here is my 127 on the star discovery

wooden pier az (1).JPG

That's a nice, simple "grab and go" permanent pier! :)

I'm heartened by your enthusiasm for this scope.

A while ago it was my good friend's 60th birthday and his good lady asked me to recommend a nice telescope for him. She told me about how much he enjoys me showing him the night sky up at our rural Cumbrian get-away. Even so, he'd never looked through either of my scopes and I know it can be difficult for a newbie to develop the skills.

So I recommended the SW 127 mak on the alt/az goto mount. Wish I'd recommended a Dob now. We've had a couple of sessions with it and he's really not taking to the setting up procedure. 

I'm hoping that this winter something will finally "click" and he'll be on his way. Either that or he says "here, you have it"! :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul M said:

That's a nice, simple "grab and go" permanent pier! :)

I'm heartened by your enthusiasm for this scope.

A while ago it was my good friend's 60th birthday and his good lady asked me to recommend a nice telescope for him. She told me about how much he enjoys me showing him the night sky up at our rural Cumbrian get-away. Even so, he'd never looked through either of my scopes and I know it can be difficult for a newbie to develop the skills.

So I recommended the SW 127 mak on the alt/az goto mount. Wish I'd recommended a Dob now. We've had a couple of sessions with it and he's really not taking to the setting up procedure. 

I'm hoping that this winter something will finally "click" and he'll be on his way. Either that or he says "here, you have it"! :)

Im sure your friend will get used to it, they are a cracking good scope when used to their abilities, i dont always use the goto mount, i still have an EQ5 with dual motors for just Lunar or Solar imaging

• Like 1

On 13/09/2017 at 03:58, Rainmaker said:

MIS_4587.jpg

MIS_4439 copy.jpg

...now that's what I call a Mak! :evil62:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

My Gorgeous Inter-Micro 815 Deluxe Mak-Cassegrain (1/9.5 wave optics, with a System Strehl Ratio of 0.985), on my EQ8 mount, with an Altair Astro Starbase Tripod at the York A.S. Observatory. Lucky Lad.

|Svetlana.png

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

Edited by dave armeson
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, dave armeson said:

My Gorgeous Inter-Micro 815 Deluxe Mak-Cassegrain (1/9.5 wave optics, with a System Strehl Ratio of 0.985), on my EQ8 mount, with an Altair Astro Starbase Tripod at the York A.S. Observatory. Lucky Lad.

|Svetlana.png

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

Hubba Hubba! Now that's a Mak! :)

Luvverly :) 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...