Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SHOW US YOUR MAK.......

24 minutes ago, iPeace said:

There's just something about this...

I want one.

:happy11:

get one, they are a great little Mak, no idea how it performs on deep sky but wont be terrible, but as a Luna imaging scope its top notch

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Just don't tell anyone I'm trying one. People tend to get the wrong idea, and I can't afford a spin doctor...

:grin:

Don't worry, I quite often buy things just because I fancy trying it for myself. Thats how I've managed to have 30+ scopes pass through my hands over past decade :rolleyes2:

Similarly with eyepieces, a bit worse in fact !

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Just don't tell anyone I'm trying one. People tend to get the wrong idea, and I can't afford a spin doctor...

If you buy one it will come with a rather cheap plastic 90 degree star diagonal, swap that out for a better one, i use a Circle T prism in mine.....but most of the time it has a 1000D fitted

• Like 1

Just now, nightfisher said:

If you buy one it will come with a rather cheap plastic 90 degree star diagonal, swap that out for a better one, i use a Circle T prism in mine.....but most of the time it has a 1000D fitted

Looking forward to trying something cheap. :grin:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iPeace said:

I'm watching you young Mike ;) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

As the proud owner of a £260 5.5" Mak, I am not in a strong position to criticise :) 

No, I'm sure I'll be fine for the moment. It's only if I replace the 120ED with anything but a Tak 100 that the sticks will come out. :happy11:

Edited by iPeace
  • Like 1

I think my 90mm is by far the best scope I have ever owned, its compact easy to mount even on lightweight EQs or camera tripods, a DSLR fits without any faffing about and it does produce great Lunar images.

Alan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iPeace said:

No, I'm sure I'll be fine for the moment. It's only if I replace the 120ED with anything but a Tak 100 that the sticks will come out. :happy11:

No sticks around here sir, or issues with whatever scope you chose..... variety is the spice of life! :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

No sticks around here sir, or issues with whatever scope you chose..... variety is the spice of life! :) 

Understood sir. Will have some fun with it, maybe take it on holiday, see what happens. :icon_biggrin:

5 hours ago, iPeace said:

That therapist is cheap. I keep telling you...

Go big or go home my rugby coach used to say. Get an 8" or 9.25" SCT...,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iPeace said:

Understood sir. Will have some fun with it, maybe take it on holiday, see what happens. :icon_biggrin:

That's one of the attractions of these scopes, reasonable aperture in a lightweight package. My 140 will go onboard a plane ok, I believe even a C8 will but not certain about that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Racey said:

That therapist is cheap. I keep telling you...

Go big or go home my rugby coach used to say. Get an 8" or 9.25" SCT...,

I'll let you know when I'm safely home.

I've never used anything but a refractor. This is mostly to see how something like this works without committing fully to it.

Sure, if it works out, I can get whatever an AZ8 will carry.

:icon_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, iPeace said:

I'll let you know when I'm safely home.

I've never used anything but a refractor. This is mostly to see how something like this works without committing fully to it.

Sure, if it works out, I can get whatever an AZ8 will carry.

:icon_biggrin:

Best of both worlds :) 

IMG_4985.JPG

IMG_4986.JPG

IMG_4988.JPG

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

That's one of the attractions of these scopes, reasonable aperture in a lightweight package. My 140 will go onboard a plane ok, I believe even a C8 will but not certain about that.

You do have to mount it as well...all in good time, first I'll have a go and see what I think.

• 3 weeks later...

With apologies for the (lack of) picture quality, under all the accessories lurks a SkyWatcher SkyMax 102mm Mak with a whole bunch of Baader hanging out the back.

tmp_27265-DSC_04741227232905.thumb.JPG.7eca492391e6767987eb05ee953e466e.JPG

I must say, this scope does provide an excellent amount of enjoyment on Luna and Jupiter at a fraction of the cost and weight of other options. Very good build quality and solid mechanics. Nice.

• Like 2