Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

21 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Handle? Did someine mention handle? 😁

John, we discussed the origin of your johninderby name a few weeks ago. I confessed that I thought you were John Hinderby. For some reason ever since, you’ve been John Handleby in my mind

🙂

Edited by JeremyS
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

I wish you two would stop Carpe-ing on about handles..you don't seem to grasp that this thread is about telescopes! 

Now, get a grip! :crybaby2::rolleyes2: 😊

Oh all right then. 😁

75935DE1-70B1-4E8B-8CC8-583D557745EE.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, astro_al said:

That's a nice thought but if anything I should be going the other way and reducing the collection!

Nonsense ... I collect Coronado's 🌞

Incidentally I've been in contact with a gentleman recently who has just bought an 

DSSM60III upon my recommendation however he's also about to get hold of an 

FS-128 as well after many years of enquiry ... so there are still some in circulation.

Brian 

• Like 2

On 31/07/2020 at 09:23, Solar B said:

FS-128 as well after many years of enquiry ... so there are still some in circulation.

Good to know, but any future astro funds will be going towards a Ha solution. Since the Quark(s) went back I am missing that aspect of the hobby quite a bit. I do already have an adapter for the FS-60 to an SM60 (not sure why) so maybe that is a potential avenue to explore.

Edited by astro_al

32 minutes ago, astro_al said:

Good to know, but any future astro funds will be going towards a Ha solution. Since the Quark(s) when back I am missing that aspect of the hobby quite a bit. I do already have an adapter for the FS-60 to an SM60 (not sure why) so maybe that is a potential avenue to explore.

I think It could possibly ... just insert SM60 and your off plus using your regular EPs

The Quarks can be really good but they are a faff & seeing dependent plus I remain 

they're really on suitable for the experienced HA astronomer after they,ve had a

few years experience with air spaced etalons.

Brian 

2 hours ago, astro_al said:

That's a nice thought but if anything I should be going the other way and reducing the collection!

I must admit my FS128 is the nearest to being an "all round" scope I've ever had, in terms of aperture, size and quality of views. 

And it sits nicely on the Tak EM2 mount (think Vixen GPDX size).

Your 152 looks superb, Al, but I bet it needs a hefty mount to hold it well.

Dave

• Like 1

On 06/07/2020 at 16:33, Stu said:

Had the fracs out for a photo shoot, so thought I would post them up here.

My three most treasured scopes first, Vixen, Tak and Televue. Then the whole fleet, including the Scopetech which is on loan to me currently.

13F9FEEF-0B7F-4C61-AB1C-837F7569FAC8.jpeg

39D825E2-D151-4E43-9968-59B4EE9D428E.jpeg

Hi Stu,

Can you update us on what your current shop opening hours are?

:rolleyes2:🤭😁

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, F15Rules said:

Your 152 looks superb, Al, but I bet it needs a hefty mount to hold it well.

It does Dave. I have an AZ-EQ6 on a permanent pier at the bottom of the garden which handles it nicely. I have to be careful to lift it into the saddle vertically though and to keep it close to my body, otherwise my back is unhappy. 

Here is a picture of the FS-152 mounted and next to the FC-76. Just shows what doubling the diameter of a refractor’s aperture comes with. 

3FCD4C4F-AC85-4FCC-B9D9-EE6330D65C91.jpeg

I am mostly enjoying using the FC-100 at the moment. Great grab and go option and light as a feather in comparison to the 152. 

Edited by astro_al
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, astro_al said:

It does Dave. I have an AZ-EQ6 on a permanent pier at the bottom of the garden which handles it nicely. I have to be careful to lift it into the saddle vertically though and to keep it close to my body, otherwise my back is unhappy. 

Here is a picture of the FS-152 mounted and next to the FC-76. Just shows what doubling the diameter of a refractor’s aperture comes with. 

What a terrific photo! Makes the heart beat faster 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just trying the Extender CQ x1.7 on the Takahashi FS 60. It changes the FS-60 to a 600mm focal length f/10 instrument, resulting in a Takahashi FS60Q.

Shown next to the Takahashi FC 76 DCU, with which the CQ x 1.7 can also be used.

So: 4 scopes for the price of 2. What's not to like? 🙂

IMG_2444.jpg.ee3eeac02b6430b7beca297f6d850a0f.jpg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Just trying the Extender CQ x1.7 on the Takahashi FS 60. It changes the FS-60 to a 600mm focal length f/10 instrument, resulting in a Takahashi FS60Q.

Shown next to the Takahashi FC 76 DCU, with which the CQ x 1.7 can also be used.

So: 4 scopes for the price of 2. What's not to like? 

IMG_2444.jpg.ee3eeac02b6430b7beca297f6d850a0f.jpg

er..only the lack of handles?:icon_scratch::tongue:

Dave

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

er..only the lack of handles?:icon_scratch::tongue:

Dave

14 minutes ago, johninderby said:

No comment. 😁😁😁

Don't worry, guys. Learning from John Handleby's wisdom I have a spare to hand:

🙂

IMG_2449.jpg.5abe6db939e08a411746688c0d7e4367.jpg