Jump to content

stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't worry Chris, Frac Pack moral is very high Here are a few of mine, past and present. Will take some better pics soon. Vixen Atlux 150ED with Tak FC-100 as a finder 120ED with Quark Tak FS-60

My Equinox ED120 & Starwave ED80 getting a rare outing.....

Just a selection of my refractors. The piers are self welded and far too massive to lift. For decades I longed for Fullerscopes mounts. I started with a used, driven MkIII and then bought a drive

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Handle? Did someine mention handle? 😁

John, we discussed the origin of your johninderby name a few weeks ago. I confessed that I thought you were John Hinderby. For some reason ever since, you’ve been John Handleby in my mind

🙂

 

Edited by JeremyS
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

I wish you two would stop Carpe-ing on about handles..you don't seem to grasp that this thread is about telescopes! 

Now, get a grip! :crybaby2::rolleyes2: 😊

Oh all right then. 😁

75935DE1-70B1-4E8B-8CC8-583D557745EE.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/07/2020 at 10:57, Solar B said:

I'm thinking all your needing is a 128 😀

That's a nice thought but if anything I should be going the other way and reducing the collection!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, astro_al said:

That's a nice thought but if anything I should be going the other way and reducing the collection!

Nonsense ... I collect Coronado's 🌞

Incidentally I've been in contact with a gentleman recently who has just bought an 

DSSM60III upon my recommendation however he's also about to get hold of an 

FS-128 as well after many years of enquiry ... so there are still some in circulation.

Brian 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2020 at 09:23, Solar B said:

FS-128 as well after many years of enquiry ... so there are still some in circulation.

Good to know, but any future astro funds will be going towards a Ha solution. Since the Quark(s) went back I am missing that aspect of the hobby quite a bit. I do already have an adapter for the FS-60 to an SM60 (not sure why) so maybe that is a potential avenue to explore.

Edited by astro_al
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, astro_al said:

Good to know, but any future astro funds will be going towards a Ha solution. Since the Quark(s) when back I am missing that aspect of the hobby quite a bit. I do already have an adapter for the FS-60 to an SM60 (not sure why) so maybe that is a potential avenue to explore.

I think It could possibly ... just insert SM60 and your off plus using your regular EPs

The Quarks can be really good but they are a faff & seeing dependent plus I remain 

they're really on suitable for the experienced HA astronomer after they,ve had a

few years experience with air spaced etalons.

Brian 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, astro_al said:

That's a nice thought but if anything I should be going the other way and reducing the collection!

I must admit my FS128 is the nearest to being an "all round" scope I've ever had, in terms of aperture, size and quality of views. 

And it sits nicely on the Tak EM2 mount (think Vixen GPDX size).

Your 152 looks superb, Al, but I bet it needs a hefty mount to hold it well.

Dave

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/07/2020 at 16:33, Stu said:

Had the fracs out for a photo shoot, so thought I would post them up here.

My three most treasured scopes first, Vixen, Tak and Televue. Then the whole fleet, including the Scopetech which is on loan to me currently.

13F9FEEF-0B7F-4C61-AB1C-837F7569FAC8.jpeg

39D825E2-D151-4E43-9968-59B4EE9D428E.jpeg

Hi Stu,

Can you update us on what your current shop opening hours are?

:rolleyes2:🤭😁

Dave

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, F15Rules said:

Your 152 looks superb, Al, but I bet it needs a hefty mount to hold it well.

It does Dave. I have an AZ-EQ6 on a permanent pier at the bottom of the garden which handles it nicely. I have to be careful to lift it into the saddle vertically though and to keep it close to my body, otherwise my back is unhappy. 

Here is a picture of the FS-152 mounted and next to the FC-76. Just shows what doubling the diameter of a refractor’s aperture comes with. 

3FCD4C4F-AC85-4FCC-B9D9-EE6330D65C91.jpeg

I am mostly enjoying using the FC-100 at the moment. Great grab and go option and light as a feather in comparison to the 152. 

Edited by astro_al
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, astro_al said:

It does Dave. I have an AZ-EQ6 on a permanent pier at the bottom of the garden which handles it nicely. I have to be careful to lift it into the saddle vertically though and to keep it close to my body, otherwise my back is unhappy. 

Here is a picture of the FS-152 mounted and next to the FC-76. Just shows what doubling the diameter of a refractor’s aperture comes with. 

What a terrific photo! Makes the heart beat faster 🙂

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just trying the Extender CQ x1.7 on the Takahashi FS 60. It changes the FS-60 to a 600mm focal length f/10 instrument, resulting in a Takahashi FS60Q.

Shown next to the Takahashi FC 76 DCU, with which the CQ x 1.7 can also be used.

So: 4 scopes for the price of 2. What's not to like? 🙂

IMG_2444.jpg.ee3eeac02b6430b7beca297f6d850a0f.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Just trying the Extender CQ x1.7 on the Takahashi FS 60. It changes the FS-60 to a 600mm focal length f/10 instrument, resulting in a Takahashi FS60Q.

Shown next to the Takahashi FC 76 DCU, with which the CQ x 1.7 can also be used.

So: 4 scopes for the price of 2. What's not to like? 

IMG_2444.jpg.ee3eeac02b6430b7beca297f6d850a0f.jpg

er..only the lack of handles?:icon_scratch::tongue:

Dave

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

er..only the lack of handles?:icon_scratch::tongue:

Dave

 

14 minutes ago, johninderby said:

No comment. 😁😁😁

Don't worry, guys. Learning from John Handleby's wisdom I have a spare to hand:

🙂

IMG_2449.jpg.5abe6db939e08a411746688c0d7e4367.jpg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Solar B said:

Ah ... this is good because good because i think that I'm going to require to 

take some advice soon from the handle Guru who is JID 😀

Brian 

Well if he doesn’t know, Brian, nobody does 🙂

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.