Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

Vixen Fluorite tonight, on the Super Polaris Mount and Berlebach tripod. Looks lovely. Just a bit of Venus viewing and perhaps a few doubles and the Moon, nothing too intense!

8E28D186-E75B-43FD-997E-819E28A363C8.jpeg

2411FF9E-D157-4790-A08D-1CA8F3CA9594.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lockie said:

That's a lovely looking scope Stu. I didn't know you had this one. New purchase?

Had it a few months now, lovely it is too. Venus looking very sharp.

• Like 1

That Vixen does look lovely !

I have my trusty Tak FC-100DL for the same purposes Stu. Venus has been really nice this evening :smiley:

The forecast is not great but so far the conditions are pretty good. A little thin, high cloud but that won't stop some binary fun and games !

P1090619.JPG.18e7578067224e095a39493703a603d5.JPG

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John said:

That Vixen does look lovely !

I have my trusty Tak FC-100DL for the same purposes Stu. Venus has been really nice this evening :smiley:

The forecast is not great but so far the conditions are pretty good. A little thin, high cloud but that won't stop some binary fun and games !

P1090619.JPG.18e7578067224e095a39493703a603d5.JPG

Thanks John, yes the Vixen is my substitute for not having a DL!

I see you are using the SkyTee mount tonight? All these clear nights are giving us loads of chances to try out all this lovely kit!

I have three out on Venus now 🤣

BB6B72D3-4C13-4159-A020-01CE43016E9C.jpeg

3D95A5E2-2838-4801-97CB-3F206B20C2FA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Skytee II gets so much use with all my fracs except the 130 which is what the T-rex is for. I've rather taken to the slow motion controls and I find that I miss them when I'm using the Ercole.

• Like 1

Just now, John said:

The Skytee II gets so much use with all my fracs except the 130 which is what the T-rex is for. I've rather taken to the slow motion controls and I find that I miss them when I'm using the Ercole.

Yes, I like the slo mos on the AZ100 too, and I’m using the SP unpowered just with slo mo controls, great for tracking Venus.

I managed to get the TAL and the Telementor aligned well on the Ercole so they are fun to use on there.

• Like 2

New scope time, and the profound feeling of looking through a refractor for the first time in ages and realising you shouldn't leave it ages without looking through a refractor! Pin prick stars on black Velvet sky.

IMG_20200514_144445129.jpg

IMG_20200513_225039236.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 13/05/2020 at 14:52, vindubs said:

There are some really nice kits here.   I've just completed my setup now and waiting for some clear nights to practice

RASP Man!!! SO Pro ON Pi4 

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

I've not seen that one before Chris. Is it a renamed star travel or a new ED? Looks very nice!!!!!☺

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Nice looking little scope. 👍🏻

Same scope as the old version but new painr job and on a new mount.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-starquest/sky-watcher-starquest-102r-f49-achromatic-refractor-telescope.html

Yes that's the one. I reviewed the 130p version and really liked the new mount. The clutches for both axis are large and right next to each other which I think saves fumbling in the dark, and the mount head tilts up to 90 degrees on the alt axis so it can easily be used in Alt/az mode.

I have a Ronchi EP to test the optics which I haven't tried yet, but I did check the intra and extra focus Fresnel rings once the scope had cooled last night and they were equally and sharply defined either side of focus. I think I've got a good one :) 

Edited by Lockie
  • Like 2

I have the ED120 setup this evening on the Ercole mount and Berlebach tripod so China meets Germany, so to speak :smiley:

A touch of the USA in the focuser of course !

P1090651.JPG

P1090652.JPG

P1090653.JPG

• Like 5