Jump to content

stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't worry Chris, Frac Pack moral is very high Here are a few of mine, past and present. Will take some better pics soon. Vixen Atlux 150ED with Tak FC-100 as a finder 120ED with Quark Tak FS-60

My Equinox ED120 & Starwave ED80 getting a rare outing.....

Just a selection of my refractors. The piers are self welded and far too massive to lift. For decades I longed for Fullerscopes mounts. I started with a used, driven MkIII and then bought a drive

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, paulastro said:

That's fantastic Kev, 41 years and still going strong.  Well done!! 

Not you of course Kev, the mount I mean! 🤣

me buying then guves it away that im even older.  it was my 20th birthday present to myself.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1st light with my new TS-OPTICS 80mm F7 fpl53 doublet last night. Must say I’m impressed with my first experience with the scope. The views of Saturn and Jupiter where at time breathtaking. Taking it to 165x with a 6.5mm Morpheus & 2x focal extender it Coped extremely well. 1st adventure into fracs & glad I taken the plunge. (Sorry for the poor pics, taken in the dark with flash)! & thanks @Stu for the guidance in choosing the scope.

E3FED2A7-CAEC-40AA-96A8-9B794E9F63BA.jpeg

6D542DFF-9633-4B4A-842B-CD868801B168.jpeg

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a pic going back six or seven years, showing my younger son Daniel alongside my beautiful Equinox 120ED on its equally amazing Hercules Helix altazimuth fork mount. That mount was as solid as a rock and glided like butter. I wish I hadn't sold it! Our English Bullterrier at the time, Inx, (or pigglet as she was affectionately called) is also on guard, or if not on guard, awake at least!

427450433_2020-06-1514_06_28.jpg.d934ec2c9d0317b2e1852257bbe08f54.jpg

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Had the fracs out for a photo shoot, so thought I would post them up here.

My three most treasured scopes first, Vixen, Tak and Televue. Then the whole fleet, including the Scopetech which is on loan to me currently.

13F9FEEF-0B7F-4C61-AB1C-837F7569FAC8.jpeg

39D825E2-D151-4E43-9968-59B4EE9D428E.jpeg

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stu said:

Had the fracs out for a photo shoot, so thought I would post them up here.

My three most treasured scopes first, Vixen, Tak and Televue. Then the whole fleet, including the Scopetech which is on loan to me currently.

13F9FEEF-0B7F-4C61-AB1C-837F7569FAC8.jpeg

39D825E2-D151-4E43-9968-59B4EE9D428E.jpeg

You've really got it bad Stu. You might be able to get some financial assistance to help you deal with your addiction, the same way other long term addicts do. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stu said:

Had the fracs out for a photo shoot, so thought I would post them up here.

My three most treasured scopes first, Vixen, Tak and Televue. Then the whole fleet, including the Scopetech which is on loan to me currently.

Call it a hunch, a sixth sense if you like, but I am getting a strong feeling that you like refractors?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rl said:

Very nice collection...add them all up and you've got about the light grasp of a 12" Newt....

 

I get where you are coming from and it gave me a chuckle 😁

But a lot of people who prefer the refractor, are not necessarily after light grasp as a priority. What tips the balance with most refractor owners is the pin point sharp views that you get on the likes of doubles stars planetary ect. Light grasp plays second place to the lovely HD type of views that you get from a top quality refractor.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Nothing too exciting, just a little upgrade to the Omni in the form of some CNC tube rings bolted to a Farpoint Losmandy dovetail. Safe to say that in combination with the AZ100, it's all rather sturdy now!

20200708_070243.thumb.jpg.005ab51b6a86a70c95c66bf50e2d75b8.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parallaxerr said:

 

 Nothing too exciting, just a little upgrade to the Omni in the form of some CNC tube rings bolted to a Farpoint Losmandy dovetail. Safe to say that in combination with the AZ100, it's all rather sturdy now!

 

A nice scope like that deserves some nice tube rings. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 60’s Polaroscope, 60mm x 900, f15, I bought it a few months ago, in near mint condition in its wooden case with all the accessories for a measly $100 C. Wonderfull views, its shown beside my 1959 Tasco Model 304, the glass is excellent.AE41967D-0D0A-40B0-99DD-F17FBC52392B.thumb.jpeg.050de78f61e0be90c045258306fbe383.jpeg7DFA8605-34A6-4364-A35B-571685B5AB69.thumb.jpeg.3f2134e0e02634b52c9a8cb58b7b5c43.jpegl0BAB378E-9EB2-450B-AF8F-F14ACBE546C7.thumb.jpeg.4720fce8a523c1abd381f16961c505c2.jpeg704802E0-2A05-40E6-8659-B24C9F5EF1BC.thumb.jpeg.26e8946cfc6e03733d7607ace9f66441.jpeg

Edited by LDW1
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Tube arrived at the weekend so I was finally able to assemble an FS-60 from a focuser I already had and an objective and dewshield purchased from a nice chap on UKABS. Had an FS-60 about 8 years ago, nice to have one again. Pictured at the front with the rest of the gang 😁

Taks.jpg.56e59859028c72751627ae76eaa8332c.jpg

 

Edited by astro_al
  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, astro_al said:

Tube arrived at the weekend so I was finally able to assemble an FS-60 from a focuser I already had and an objective and dewshield purchased from a nice chap on UKABS. Had an FS-60 about 8 years ago, nice to have one again. Pictured at the front with the rest of the gang 😁

Taks.jpg.56e59859028c72751627ae76eaa8332c.jpg

 

I can only imagine where we’d be had Galileo been able to make one of these.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn' t actually my scope but belongs to someone I know who visits SGL quite often but isn't a member as yet.

I just thought it looks so wonderful that I asked him if I could share this here. He readily agreed, so here she is:

1990 Vixen FL102s Fluorite doublet operating at F9.

Moonlite 2" focuser upgrade.

Mounted on Vixen Sphinx SXW 2013 equatorial mount (now discontinued) and wooden tripod.

Hope you like her too😊

Dave

PHOTO_20200405_094058.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

This isn' t actually my scope but belongs to someone I know who visits SGL quite often but isn't a member as yet.

I just thought it looks so wonderful that I asked him if I could share this here. He readily agreed, so here she is:

1990 Vixen FL102s Fluorite doublet operating at F9.

Moonlite 2" focuser upgrade.

Mounted on Vixen Sphinx SXW 2013 equatorial mount (now discontinued) and wooden tripod.

Hope you like her too😊

Dave

PHOTO_20200405_094058.jpg

What’s not to love with this little beauty? 
After all she’s got a lovely handle 🙂

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

What’s not to love with this little beauty? 
After all she’s got a lovely handle 🙂

 

Nice comment Jeremy...gave me a real lift!🤭:headbang2:

Dave

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.