Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

White light AR2339 and 2343, 16th May

Luke

Hi all,

It was nice to get some white light on Saturday, it has been in short supply this year due to pottering around too much with my Quark and the unpredictability of our weather so far - as soon as I swap over to the Herschel wedge, the stealth clouds move in! :angry4:

Thanks for looking, Luke

17804111742_5dbd391914_b.jpg

---

AR2339 and 2343, 16th May, 2015

Equinox 120, Baader Herschel Wedge, Solar Continuum filter, 3x Barlow, ZWO ASI174, anti-cloud spray

Didn't think I'd read that right.......no Quark

Very nice Luke, I found you can get some nice 'white light' images while the Q tunes up.

Good point, Ewan, though normally I can only see a tree though the Quark while it warms up!! :grin:  (mornings I set up ready to shoot as soon as it clears the tree!)  I tried getting a full disc with my 60mm scope and Quark a little while back and it had a bit of a white light feel to it, I wonder if the tuning needs adjusting a lot for that setup :confused:

Speaking of the tree, I must try to dig out a shot I never got round to processing. By luck I caught a silhouette of a bird on top the tree ruffling its feathers.

Thanks, Tich!

That's good news with the Herschel wedge, that is a very big shiny up there :grin: I guess your ED80 is the chosen one for the wedge? Lovely scopes for solar, those SW ED fracs! I don't have the 80 but have seen some lovely images done with them - no pressure! :grin:  Can't wait to see your first one.

Cracking images Luke, I've just got myself a Lunt wedge although I can't see any of my images being as good as yours lol.

Thanks, Tich!

That's good news with the Herschel wedge, that is a very big shiny up there :grin: I guess your ED80 is the chosen one for the wedge? Lovely scopes for solar, those SW ED fracs! I don't have the 80 but have seen some lovely images done with them - no pressure! :grin:  Can't wait to see your first one.

No pressure at all then Luke lol lol lol, yeah the ED80 will be the one I'll be using it with, I did have a quick look at the sun with it on Saturday but I never had time to try to image with it, maybe I'll get a shot at it this weekend :p

Archived