NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter GRS March 10th

Space Cowboy

Thanks guys! I'm surprised its come out this well as the initial stacked images looked naff but after putting 3 shots through winjupos and using plenty of colour vibrance and noise reduction this came out. Neil's shot looked nice upside down so I did the same.

Taking 2 minute Avis instead of 3 and running 6-9 minutes worth through winjupos depending on how consistent the quality is seems to work well especially when trans is poor and images are noisy.

Thanks again guys!

Steve this image has been upscaled 1.5x in processing but I do use a 3x Barlow with extension tube (Barlow with lenses unscrewed) you will lose detail if the seeing is very poor or you are using too much Barlow. Depends on the size of scope and pixel size of your camera sensor. Without knowing this info Its hard to say what your problem is.

Thanks again guys!

Steve this image has been upscaled 1.5x in processing but I do use a 3x Barlow with extension tube (Barlow with lenses unscrewed) you will lose detail if the seeing is very poor or you are using too much Barlow. Depends on the size of scope and pixel size of your camera sensor. Without knowing this info Its hard to say what your problem is.

http://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/Revelation_80mm_Extension_Tube_2_.html

Does using a extension tube give you a

bigger image. I will buy one of these

if it does. My pixel size is 3.75.

Scope is a CPC. 800.Camera is the AMG 132E Colour.

This is what I am getting.Dont know were

to go from here Stuart. New camera.?

Juipter 07#03#15_00000-PART1.bmp

Cheers Peter & Pete!

Not a bad image Steve its been difficult this year with poor seeing. The best focal ratio for that cam will be f15-18 so unless you can find a 1.5x Barlow an extension tube is the way to go. If you already have a Barlow that you can unscrew the lense from this will work as an extension tube.

I'm not familiar with the cam you have so can't say whether its a weak link.

Cheers Peter & Pete!

Not a bad image Steve its been difficult this year with poor seeing. The best focal ratio for that cam will be f15-18 so unless you can find a 1.5x Barlow an extension tube is the way to go. If you already have a Barlow that you can unscrew the lense from this will work as an extension tube.

I'm not familiar with the cam you have so can't say whether its a weak link.

Hi Stuart,thanks for that. Gives me

some idea, what to aim for. :icon_salut: Talk

about a learning curve.

Steve.

Great image Stuart. :smiley:  All the more so with traditionally rubbish seeing which has been so prevalent this season. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived