Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn was very good last night

Parallax

After my trial run the other night with the RAW modded SPC900 I had another go at Saturn, this time using what I had learnt and had been advised.

The seeing was a lot better last night (after the con-trails had moved away).

The second image is just a 2x resize of the first. Not sure which looks best.

1500 frames, Explorer 200, 3x Tal, K3..., Registax

Steve

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They both look great Steve. Can you remember your webcam settings ie. gain, brightness etc?

Harry

I need to be more methodical in my approach to astrophotography and make notes of settings etc

I need to be more methodical in my approach to astrophotography and make notes of settings etc

From memory - gain was low, probably around 25% or less and brightness was around 50% (I think).

Steve

Thanks everyone. :oops:

It was your help, advice and encouragement that made this possible.

I'm not sure that I can improve on this with the current setup, but I don't think that I need to - I'm very chuffed with it.

Cheers.

Steve

Archived