Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Grrr weather

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully, the skies will clear as the new moon approaches!

its always clear around full moon, which i hate :grin:

You will only get clear skies when members of this forum STOP buying telescopes.

( I'm just about to buy one, when I get more advice from the post I made earlier this evening)

have to have a look

"You will only get clear skies when members of this forum STOP buying telescopes.
( I'm just about to buy one, when I get more advice from the post I made earlier this evening)"          

They must have been at it in the North of the country, as we have been clouded out for the past few days  :D

"You will only get clear skies when members of this forum STOP buying telescopes.

( I'm just about to buy one, when I get more advice from the post I made earlier this evening)"          

Not you as well, John! This scope buying lark is even beginning to affect us out here. Last week we had crazy snow storms and this week clouds and rain and more rain  :grin: 

Ordering a clear sky is not the problem.

It is the delivery that is the problem, you just do not know when it will be, tracking numbers are unheard of it seems, and usually the guy puts a card through the door and runs off.

I'm fine with cloudy nights, but why does it have to change so quickly ?

2 night ago I went out to check the weather... skies were clear, air was crisp... got excited and rushed to pack all my stuff into a car only to find the sky completely covered with clouds half an hour later when I was all packed and ready, with my scope, bags and a nice and warm flask of tea...

So yeah, I'm with you on this one.

I share everyone's frustration with the weather. Was all set to go out last night but was cloudy at 8pm, looked out again at 9pm still the same. Took one final look at 9.45pm and it was beautifully clear. Woke up this morning to a lovely clear sky so would imagine it was good all night.

For a week night it was just too late for me to start setting up my scope at 10pm... :sad:

Also I am finding I am becoming obsessed with weather reports! This hobby can drive you mad!!

attachicon.gifweather.JPG

No use trying here either. Who told these guys that 50% clouds and a25% chance of rain is "fair" ?

Lately, the nights they list as clear are hazy-smokey. 2 weeks now and no end in sight. At least it's warm ;-)

As someone used to -35C during the winter I have only 1 thing to say... how can you survive +32C at night ? :D

The weather was kind to me last week when I got my first scope after a week of anxious waiting. Monday and Tuesday were beautifuly clear nights. It got back at me by being overcast the rest of the week wit the exclusion of saturday when I was away from home. :rolleyes:

Seasons just changed here, as prevailing winds have changed from NE to SW. Temp range up 3-4c to nights of 21c and days 34+. We get heat lightning this time of year every evening, and the clouds just pop out after a clear day. Interestingly things often seem to clear out after 9pm or so. I don't have an obsy, so faced with the choice of having the kit in a thunder shower or packing it in, I opt for safety. If it then clears up later, I feel a bit frustrated, but too lazy to pack back out, as it involves carrying it up a one story ladder.

Stupidly I went out last night as it was lovely clear skies. The forecast said there would be the occasional cloud for an hour and then clear skies for the rest of the night. Well no what actually happened nice clear skies whilst finishing my first Polar alignment and then thick cloud rolls in.

I wait 45 mins outside as I wasn't sure if rain was going to fall as well, nothing changes so by 9.30pm just packed up and went in. That's wasted 2 hours... :sad:

Stupidly I went out last night as it was lovely clear skies. The forecast said there would be the occasional cloud for an hour and then clear skies for the rest of the night. Well no what actually happened nice clear skies whilst finishing my first Polar alignment and then thick cloud rolls in.

I wait 45 mins outside as I wasn't sure if rain was going to fall as well, nothing changes so by 9.30pm just packed up and went in. That's wasted 2 hours... :sad:

As someone here states in his/her signature:

"The sky is clear, the sky is clear... oh wait, is isn't" :)

Another weather woes post! Yay!

Last year's almost hit 1000...

Ever it is so that the only clear nights are the ones where you're doing something else. Having said that, there have been a lot more decent nights round here this year than last. Probably it's because I haven't bought a new scope...

DD

Archived