NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cone to Rosette

martin_h

I started this last winter and finished it this week!  I thought it was never going to get finished, I had to re-shoot 2 panels because I just couldnt get the backgrounds to match, but hey ho!

9 panels of 3 hours per panel, with the WO ZS71 and QHY9.

Rosette%20to%20cone_proc.png

OK, very lovely and what an effort! So, 27 hours of integration, plus throw aways and set up. Then there's a few moments of processing. You've got close to 100 hours in this?.. amazing.

There might be a bit more in there, I did add to the Cone and Rosette with a couple of previous images....the wonders of Registar

can't say I've ever seen this in such a detailed and widefield image. simply splendid. OK, someone has to say it...."it'll look a treat once you've added the rgb". Sorry, I'll go now :)

Yeah right............feel free to chip in. There will be no RGB or NB added to this image in my lifetime!  :smiley:

One of the most stunning images I've seen on this forum - mainly due to the 3d quality of the Cone that r3i refers to above

Really eye catching stuff and a great result - well done

David

Hmmm I wondered where you had gotten to Martin!

Now I see, nice image mate. These flamin' mosaics can take a while eh? ;)  Im a bit stuck on Orion at the moment as well, all it needed was two or three good nights but its taken over a month just to get the first 8 hours worth! Then you find some panes are a bit noisier than others, so you have to top-up etc... never ending it is!

The only thing i think this needs is perhaps a layer mask to take some of the burnt stuff out of the Rosette.

Archived