NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEW Clear Outside Weather Forecast App

FLO

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few people have asked if we could make the hours bar slide down as you scroll so you can always see what hours you are looking at.

We are pleased to announce, that this feature has now been added to the app :)

Great but on my iPad mini the columns don't line up vertically so I can't tell what data point applies to what hour. There is about a 5 hour backlash when swiping?

Hi Chris,

I cannot replicate the columns not lining up on a test iPad mini setup here, can you take a screen shot and send it to me? bugs@clearoutside.com.

The backlash is a result of a technical issue caused by Apple's desire to ensure scrolling works smoothly. I have a workaround for this but it will need to be rolled into the next App Store update. If you scroll and keep your finger on the screen then it works OK but if you flick the screen to scroll, it will wait until the momentum has stopped to catch everything else up. It all then should align perfectly though.

One other though - can you try closing the app completely and re-opening it? It could be you are seeing a slightly cached version.

Thanks,

Grant

• 1 month later...

Any chance of having something for Android, please. When you get a chance of course....

Development on a Clear Outside app for Android has already begun :smiley:

Good job FLO, just need to sit tight and wait for the Android version.

Looks like it could give Astropanel a run for its money.

@ Steve, it really does look good on the iPad mini. It works well for me. Looking forward to the android version for my phone.

Fantastic looking app guys. Looking forward to the android version.

It's a very good program Steve.

I look forward to the Android App version.

Been using the website exclusively since it started, can't wait for the android version!

Good job FLO :icon_salut:

The Clear Outside app for Android is nearing completion :smile:

We have a little more testing to do but are confident it will be ready for launch in 3-4 weeks. 

Here's a taster: 

clear_outside_android_development.png

• 2 weeks later...

In the Sky At Night Magazine, they have a handy calendar that lists the highlights over the month - this could be a handy feature to have on the website when people are checking their weather

"It's clearoutside, make sure you go look at this!"

Or (more likely:)

"This is what you could have seen if it wasn't so damn cloudy!"

It's in Beta which some of us are testing...

There have been quite a few beta release because Android comes in lots of flavours and runs on lots of different devices unlike Apples relatively closed OS and hardware ... Grant's been doing a fine job sorting out any issues that have been found.

Peter...

We are aiming to release the ClearOutside app for Android in one week  :smile:

The Clear Outside app for Android will be released tonight so should be available to download from Google Play in the morning. 

The app has been in private beta with a small group of testers for several weeks and is behaving well but, as Peter says, Android comes in several flavours and runs on a number of different devices so the potential for hiccups is greater. With this in mind it will be a soft launch (without fanfare of any kind) and be labeled beta until we are confident it is stable and robust. 

A huge thank-you to all the beta testers. You have been fantastic  :icon_salut:

Hope you like it....  :smile:

I have Green for  Midnight ( plus an hour either side )  and  Blue for 1 % Sky Obscured, yet outside and most of the evening, when looking out,  I've had  low cloud cover most of the evening, despite having some  Blue zero's for % Cloud ?

PC Based.

Noted 15 mins ago, I have Wind 10 kts from the West, The Temperature is +6°C,  Humidity  at 81%, the Pressure is 1040 hPa and the visibility should be 10 km or more, but I have many broken clouds at 3000 ft?

Charic, we are a retailer. We don't own our own weather satellites or balloons. We can only buy the best and most up-to-date weather data and deliver it in a useful, reliable and convenient form. 

As with all good weather forecast sites and apps, when used over a period of time we are confident you will find it useful. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Steve......thanks, I do understand the situation, but  I have dropped the embedded code several times in favour of looking elsewhere? I've even contemplated that my set-up is  wrong somehow?  I do like to be thorough.

I'll do a few more tests for my locale, just to be certain. 

Archived