Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

buying new LRGB FIlters Recommendations (bassder,Astronomik,Astrodons )

doseri

Those images show a stunning difference. The Astrodons are so expensive but I guess in this instance you get what you pay for.

Well it seems the experience of others using almost identical kit has been different - perhaps not the best example given he's using different scope and camera, albeit from the same manufacturer, but reference Olly's recent M45 - so my Baaders coming from a dodgy batch cannot be ruled out, and in fact seems the most likely.

By the way, does anyone want to buy a set of Baader 2" mounted LRGB filters :-)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'd have to be dirt cheap :D

But joking aside, the biggest imaging sensor I'm looking at ATM is the Canon EOS Series cheap DSLR cameras and the 36mm unmounted filters are what I use for those, in my own home made FW.  A project on hold for the moment but which I'm hoping to resurect before too long :)  I'm using Baader filters for those, even the NB as Astrodon don't seem to do 36mm filters and the 2" are way OTT for me :D

But joking aside, the biggest imaging sensor I'm looking at ATM is the Canon EOS Series cheap DSLR cameras and the 36mm unmounted filters are what I use for those, in my own home made FW.  A project on hold for the moment but which I'm hoping to resurect before too long :)  I'm using Baader filters for those, even the NB as Astrodon don't seem to do 36mm filters and the 2" are way OTT for me :D

Hi Gina,

Astrodon do produce 36mm unmounted filters - in fact it's what I have.  See: http://www.iankingimaging.com/show_product.php?id=1017 for example.

Ian

x6gas has clearly got either a bad set of Baaders or a fluke incompatibility or spacing issue. My recent M45 was all Baader but through four different sets to boot, viz my original 1.25s my own 2 inch set, Yves' 2 inch set and Tom's 2 inch set. I'm pretty sufe Baader would replace them. They're not right.

Olly

But in 3 nm they only do them in 1.25" and 50 mm, both round and square.

No not so, the 3nm narrowband are available in 36mm unmounted (though not explicitly mentioned on the link I gave).  I have the 3nm OIII filter...

x6gas has clearly got either a bad set of Baaders or a fluke incompatibility or spacing issue. My recent M45 was all Baader but through four different sets to boot, viz my original 1.25s my own 2 inch set, Yves' 2 inch set and Tom's 2 inch set. I'm pretty sufe Baader would replace them. They're not right.

Olly

Trouble is I've had them for two years though Olly!

No not so, the 3nm narrowband are available in 36mm unmounted (though not explicitly mentioned on the link I gave).  I have the 3nm OIII filter...

Ah, OK seen them at the bottom of the listing on Astrodon's own site. Did you get them direct from Astrodon?

Archived