Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Who's fed up with all this cloud?

Baz6170

Solar AP works quite well my way in the UK, I get about two or three sessions a week all year round, though I am lucky that I can image during lunch at work with my grab and go kit and I can just about catch the Sun all year from the back garden! Steve Ward has images on over 250 days this year! :shocked:

Though I must say, Saturday did my head in, mount out for several hours for just several images! Down with clouds!!  :grin:

AP is fast becoming a mug's game in the UK methinks, as I look out of the window of yet another day of 100%

cloud cover. 

The grey skies at least match my grey hair. :grin:

Would you believe it - last night, clouds and rain everywhere down my way.  This morning, as I'm getting into the car for work, skies are dark and clear and perfect for an hour's observing.  Jupiter was a bright as I've seen it in a long time, and I was -this close- to going into work late but alas it was not to be.  I bet tonight, the skies will be full of cloud again : /  <sigh>

Clouds all night then I woke up around 3am ... clear skies ... Yes, I did ponder a few seconds but then the better part of me said "forget it, go to bed" so I did.

I hate the better part of me.

Clear skies Monday night in the South of England.My app told me this so it MUST be true

Looks like Sunday night here might be a possibility - well that's what my app says anyway. It's been that long since we have had clear skies I've nearly forgotten how to set my kit up  :eek:

Clear outside says maybe 4-5 hours usably dark clear skies on Sunday.

Dunno. I'll believe it when i see it.

What's really depressing is the long range (Years / decades) prediction is for warmer wetter winters. Say goodbye to those crisp clear winter nights we used to look forward to.

AP is fast becoming a mug's game in the UK methinks, as I look out of the window of yet another day of 100%

cloud cover. 

The grey skies at least match my grey hair. :grin:

My last AP session was September 2013. I has been very difficult to get clear nights in the right timeframe with me in a good mood to want to stand around outside

I think we'll have to wait till the temp dips a bit before we get a decent run of clear nights,just too mild at the moment.I got a cls filter waiting to try out.Annoying Baz but thats astronomy in the UK im afraid.

Kenny

Archived