Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Catalonia

Diegope

Hi! My name is Diego. I live near Barcelona. I'm 48, married and with 3 lovely children. I've always been fascinated by the mysteries and beauty of the cosmos. Specially since I saw Sagan's Cosmos series (as many others of my generation, I suppose). I always thought that a telecope thar allows to get detailed views of the moon, planets, naebulas and clusters were very expensive and unaffordable for the average citizen. Last week I started to look for prices on the internet and was very surprised to see that there're telescopes that can offer excellent views of the cosmos for the price of a videgame console. So, I'm in the process of buying a beginner telescope and starting to learn all about stars, planets, nebulas, clusters, etc.

Thank you. 

Hi Diego and welcome to SGL - Just down the road from you in Valencia :D

I have found telescopes and sundries to be quite expensive over here compared to the UK.  I found Lunatico astronomia (http://tienda.lunatico.es/) to be a good store out here. I've got no connection with these guys, just a happy customer.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Diego and welcome to SGL - Just down the road from you in Valencia :D

I have found telescopes and sundries to be quite expensive over here compared to the UK.  I found Lunatico astronomia (http://tienda.lunatico.es/) to be a good store out here. I've got no connection with these guys, just a happy customer.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Thanks a lot. I'll take a look. 

Hi, Diego, a warm welcome to SGL - and to the worlds of amateur astronomy! If you haven't done already, I can recommend downloading the free planetarium "Stellarium" which will help in identifying and locating objects in the night sky. Downloadable here: stellarium.org/

Martin

Thank you all. I've finally decided to buy the Skywatcher Heritage 130p dobsonian. I found it for 135 pounds. I think it's the best option for a newbie like me. It's small portable and quality of the components are very good for the price. I'll receive it this afternoon but the weather forecast for tonight is cloudy (the jinx) so I don't know if I'll be able to test it today.  :sad:

Archived