Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dual Camera Control

Hi guys,

Tonight i am piggy backing my DSLR/Lens combo on top of the frac for the first time, i've just been out and balanced everything. I can see that the biggest problem i am going to have is lack of control over the 2nd DSLR. Usually i use APT via remote desktop to control my DSLR from in my living room. But as far as i know APT doesnt offer dual camera control. I've done a few searches and nothing at all is popping up about a way to do this and i should add that i only have the one imaging laptop so cant use a separate laptop for control.

Anybody have any experience with this?

You could use a USB over ip service to directly handle the USB port from your remote machine.

I'm assuming you can't run two instances of APT?

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

I'm not sure about using two versions of APT actually, i will have to look into that. Although my laptop barely runs everything i have going now, another APT open may be risky. 

I'm just surprised no software already offers dual camera control, piggy backing is something a lot of astrophotgraphers do and i would of thought it had been thought of.

Archived