Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice on old telescope

lisa46

Hi everyone. I was wondering if I could ask for some advice regarding the make of a telescope an how much it cost..as it belonged to my late father an no one knows anything about it and there is no instruction manual. I'm not sure how to post pics of it on this forum but.any help would be greatly appreciated

Uploading a pic is fairly easy.

When you post a message on SGL in the bottom right there is a tab that says "More reply options" click on that and then you should see another tab that says "Choose files" on the bottom left. Click that and you can upload any file from your computer.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Oh, and welcome. :D

its a Helios 114 (4.5") reflector and it is the similar to the Skywatcher 114/1000. the motor and battery pack enable you to roughly track the stars via RA if you have pointed roughly at the pole star. looks like its mounted on a EQ3-2 mount, a couple of eyepieces and a barlow everything you need to get started.

Lisa,

From the wording in your original post I suspect you are more interested in selling this telescope rather than using it.

If that is true it is worth you knowing that it is not a particularly expensive item. Your best method of selling it would probably be Ebay and I suspect you would get around £100 for it due to the fact it has a superior mount than the standard equipment sold with that tube. Others will no doubt correct me if I am wrong!

If you decide to sell it please ask us to help you with a description before you list it for sale.

Derek

Archived