NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings from Chapel Hill, NC

uncmath25

Hey guys, my name is Colton and I'm from Chapel Hill.

I'm rather new to astronomy and hope to learn extensively from this forum.

After reading up on the basics and stargazing for a while I decided to invest in a telescope.

So I bought a Celestron C150-HD with an German equatorial mount for $150 on craigslist and have been trying it out.

I'm open to any advice on this type of Newtonian telescope and/or viewing ideas for my area of North Carolina.

Thanks for reading :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Colton, welcome to SGL

whats the weather like over in NC at the moment? I have a lot of family over there, and hope to go over to visit soon

ive never used a C150 so not much help there but im sure lots of people will be able to help you, not too good for planets at the moment tho, they will be getting better for viewing in the coming months tho, the moon is all ways nice to look at.... are you interested in taking pictures of what you see through the scope, as maybe a cheap webcam for imaging the planets will be nice when they come back round :)

Hi Colton and welcome to SGL - There's masses of information on the forum and heaps of friendly folks too who are always willing to help - Grab a chair and enjoy the ride :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived