NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hello from norfolk /suffolk border UK

truenature

hello hope every one is well.

ive been keen in photography for about 25 years and am doing wildlife and astro imaging as a hobby

both types has taken me a will of bying and selling to the gear. but im satisfied with the currant line and cant wait to try the new to me eos 70d :laugh: .

as for my astro stuff sw heq5 pro sw80 ed  synguider and mount dslr a550 (luv mf live check on this camera for manual focus)

well as for imaging im getting better and as from 2011 I had a roll off obs and that made the hobby very enjoyable until febuary march this year when the gails had taken my roof off and all my gera was soaked for about 5 hours of rain . at the time I was at work . 

since then ive only dryed my equipment not yet tested . :sad:

now building a new obs a dome 2.2mtrs today I m at the track stage and ill post some images of this later.

as  for my last imaging I realy wanted to trying long exposure on the synguider and to my surprize ive been able to get to 35min on some shots .

hers ngc 7000 20.3mins and some cs2 workpost-37955-0-78223300-1405207663_thumb.j

thank you all very nice to be here

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks again for the warm welcome .

at least its stopped raining :smiley: and I can start to make my main wheel ring and start to construct the dome.

(swag72) addictive yes very much cant wait to get back out.

many thanks

j

Hello Truenature and welcome to SGL!!  Is your 35min image a single exposure of that length?  Are you aware that you can take several shorter exposures (say 5mins) and "stack" them to give a similar image but with a far better signal to noise ratio.  The software for this is free (Deep Sky Stacker is a favourite). 

thank you both

the ed 80 is awesome and the glass ultra sharp ive compared it to  canon 500 f4  and I would say they are equal in IQ so  don't hesitate :undecided:  just get it

yes I have deep sky stacker but due to time on imaging and then time on a pc at the mo im doing these leghty exposure to to cut down on cs work.

as and when my obs is done a computer to handle multiple image stacking will be my next bye.

ive tried it on m31 last year and the result are a lot cleaner .

thanks for the advics

cheers j

Hi Truenature and welcome to SGL, sad to hear about your water damage, hope all is ok when you come to test it in your new obsy. Nice image of NGC 7000 The Wall in Cygnus, must admit I had to look it up to jog my memory, as it is not one of the regular images we get on the forum. Enjoy your imaging :)

thanks again to every one for such a warm welcome

its great to be here and showing  some images. its been a :mad:  day rain heavy showers all day  so no obs work.

oh well back to work and hopefully have Wednesday off to get some done. 

cheers all gotago up at 4.30

thanks j

Archived