Complete Newbie Here

MichaelD95

So I've only recently found these forums after having a long astronomy conversation with my friend, and I got to see some of the equipment he has, it's completely amazing, some of the places you can see :D

This recently got me into this and he recommended I come here (He's not signed up) but he enjoys lurking here.

My interest in astronomy and subjects alike (Physics) began when a couple of years ago when I done my GCSEs it was my highest grade (Science), such a fascinating subject. I didn't pursue the subject earlier since I believed I wasn't capable of it, however I work primarily around computing. Pursuing it at university and thought this would be a perfect hobby for an astronomy fanatic such as myself :D

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you were directed to our door :grin: This is a great place, there's loads of info and masses of friendly and helpful folk too. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Welcome to SGL from a fellow physicist, though not really practising any more as have moved more to the dark side that is chemistry.

Though, once a physicist always a physicist hence the astronomy interest.

Anyway I'm waffling, point I am trying to make its if there is an interest there follow it :)

Good luck and clear skies.

Ben

Hello Michael and welcome from metoo  :smiley:

You joined SGL nearly 40 years after Phil Neal joined Liverpool from Northampton .

(Not that anyone in here cares, or that this info is remotely interesting, just had to mention it since it is the only thing i know of Northampton :grin: )

Rune

Archived