Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 12th June

leelee970

Well, I've managed to get something with my new QHY5LII, I decided to have a go at Saturn which was peaking out between the branches of a tree.

It seems a steep learning curve, but I guess I'll get there.

I must upgrade the PC, there are problems with FPS and capture software.

Lee

post-5674-0-42668400-1402650283.jpg

Nice capture Lee!  What software were you using? I had a lot of trouble with EZPlanetary crashing on me. A lot of people seem to have the same problem and use FireCapture instead.

I use SharpCap myself but that crashes sometimes too (I haven't got round to learning FireCapture properly yet).

Nice image. I have moved from SharpCap to FireCapture, and now much prefer the latter

I too prefered Firecapture - seemed more control of the camera - but sadly I'll have to save a few pounds and get a new computer to run it.

Lee

Wow! Nice capture last night considering a full moon!

I have the same camera on a 200p. It's a great planetary camera!

I prefer firecapture but sharpcap is doing a great job for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice capture Lee!  What software were you using? I had a lot of trouble with EZPlanetary crashing on me. A lot of people seem to have the same problem and use FireCapture instead.

I use SharpCap myself but that crashes sometimes too (I haven't got round to learning FireCapture properly yet).

You would have thought they would have

sorted the problems out with this, EZPlanetary

by now.You pay £250 for the camera, & end up with software that

is rubbish.The number of times my laptop froze

up.My laptop has a solid /state h/drive,with win 7,

so it flys.I end up rebooting  the lappie, most times

when it freezes. :angry4:  :angry5:  :angry8:

Steve

Nice first light with your QHY.

I recently bought an ASI120MM and installed Firecapture (Damien Peach's recommendation from his review).  I haven't had any problems with it crashing and it seems to work really well, in fact very well.  I have used Imaging Source cameras and therefore IC Capture, but IC Cap won't run on my obs computer with remote desktop from the laptop, where as Firecapture does.  To help with the data volume Firecapture lets you capture at say 60 fps, but only display at 5 fps, saving processing and transmission time.

I also tried the integrated ASCOM focuser, Filter wheel (I am mono now) and even the autoguiding features, all worked a treat.  I am just a beginner with Firecapture (only been using it for less than a week) but already I reckon it is a winner.

Robin

Archived