Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from god's own country!

curls

That'd be Yorkshire of course. More specifically, the West bit. :D Relatively new to astronomy, just going to prove that you *can* learn an old dog new tricks. I made myself a member a while ago and have been reading behind everyones backs, and decided it was time to say hello.

I became interested when Holmes made its flashy entrance last October, and bought a pair of 15x70 bin's to look at it. That led to purchasing and making other bits, which, as in any other hobby, are crying out to be replaced already. I've got a hell of a lot to learn, and not enough time to do it in, so I am going back to reading again. :D

Thanks for the welcome, all.

Hi ......?, and welcome to SGL.

As you don't give your name, I'm not sure if we are welcoming 'curls' as a new lady member, or a 'bloke' :?

Dave

My name is Martin, but most people have called me "curls" all my life. Nothing to do with hair, that disappeared a few decades ago. It's actually a misspelt contraction of my surname. And now you know more than most of the people who call me it. :D

Hi Curls

So what part of the west are you in ? I am in Leeds myself oh the name is Martyn too but as you can see its spelt with a Y :D

Hi Martyn! I'm about 6 miles away as the comet flies, but I see a senior moment has set in. :D I said over there (waves hand in the general direction of A-C) that I would like to nip over and see your observatory. :wave:

Hi Martin & welcome to SGL

Yet another member who has been bitten by the `I want more and need more bug` :D . As for having a lot to learn, i think many of us are in the same boat, no matter how much you read up on astronomy there is always a lot more still to learn.

Enjoy

Mark

Archived