Hello from Wisconsin

Scorecard

Good evening everybody. A few months back my six year old daughter asked me if we could get a telescope. I came across and old 4.5" reflector at a garage sale and we have spent many hours enjoying it. She really likes looking at Saturn and the Moon, I am coming to realize that I could be hooked for life. I have slowly shifted to the 5AM earlybird to somewhat of a nite owl who just want's to look at the moon for a few more minutes before I crawl into bed way past bed time. I have been planning on upgrading my scope soon and am leaning towards a XT10. Any thoughts or input would be great.

Brian

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Brian welcome to the lounge,

the XT10 Dobsonian is a very capable scope, good size aperture, you

won't go far wrong with that choice, enjoy your time here in S G L.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi Brian, welcome to SGL :)  A 10" is a really good size. Bigger scopes won't show much more on planets most nights and a range of fainter DSOs will be available to you. Overall a good choice.

hello there from southwestern Pennsylvania ,,,,Pirates country

mike h

Richard,  Tiree seems an interesting place to live. Did you grow up there?

mike h

Heya Brian and a warm welcome from Norway  :smiley: .

I`m very pleased with the smaller XT8i ( im a novice, no expert at all), 

but if I was to buy the XT10, I think I would have chosen the goto-version (Orion Skyquest XT10g) where you can choose to manually star hop, or use tracking whichever you feel like.

Anyways thats just how I feel about it.

I recommend you to read about the different XT10 versions (well you probably have already), and also look it up on youtube.

Regards

Rune

Archived