SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars under decent conditions.

Barv

Reasonable seeing earlier on last night (14th May), but it went off fairly quickly here. I managed to get an image I am very happy with before Mars gets much smaller. There was plenty of cloud around on Mars last night! Cought this one at around 30 degrees with the ZWO120MC and the C11. 

Comments welcome as always.

Thanks for looking.

Harvey

post-32779-0-26005300-1400176600.png

Good detail there Harvey. 

If you don't mind I would suggest seeing if you can soften the edge of the planet somewhat as it looks too sharp, a bit unatural. Have you cropped the edge somehow?

Regards,

Pete

Thats an excellent image Harvey with much better colour balance though maybe a touch more contrast by lowering gamma a little would give the detail an extra pop. Super smooth, certainly no more noise issues.

Many thanks Stuart. I did play around with the Gamma but lowering it makes it look wrong imho. 

Regards

Harvey

Good detail there Harvey. 

If you don't mind I would suggest seeing if you can soften the edge of the planet somewhat as it looks too sharp, a bit unatural. Have you cropped the edge somehow?

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for your input Pete.

I can't stand the artifact, (It's not real)! As you know with imaging everything is a compromise. Personally, I'd rather have a hard edge and no artifact. I will look in to softening it up though.

Kind regards

Harvey

Great potential image, could do with a bit more contrast or curves to bring out the detail.

regards

Peter

Thanks Peter. I've just posted up a repro. Hope you like it?

Regards

Harvey

Simm, Oldpink, Nobby and Stargazer, thanks very much for your kind words. I have now posted up a rework if you'd care to take a look.

Kind regards

Harvey :smiley:

Archived