Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EOS 1100D external power

Dave_D

Can anyone recommend a reliable external power supply for my 1100d? Either mains or preferably 12v. I only have one battery and am having to stop mid session to recharge it. Seen a few on fleabay and amazon but i'm wondering if anyone has practical knowledge of a suitable supply.

I used a unit from Amazon same sort as "Oldpink" has shown it worked very well, did need a 240v connection.....there are cheap batteries on Amazon, i splashed out £5 on one and it lasts as long as the supplied battery....

I must admit that i am looking into this myself i currently use my camera with a battery grip (which holds 2 batteries) but want something that lasts even longer and had thought about a 12V power pack feeding an LM317 voltage regulator circuit or similar.

Alan

I used a cheaper unit (£15 off fleabay) which would power my eos 500 D, but anything longer than about 4o seconds, it didn't seem to have the power to close the shutter at the end of a longer exposure (?).  Sent it back and got a similar unit (same price - different manufacturer) from Amazon. It would power the camera, but wouldn't even allow the shutter to open in the first place. Both ran off the 240v mains.  I concluded they were cheap rubbish and have just ordered the proper Canon adapter.  Much more expensive, but I imagine it should actually work when it arrives next week.

Just something to take into account :)

Trouble with a power adapter is that you will be trailing another cable - better to run off batteries and not have cable I would think. My preference and others might disagree.

Peter

In my pre-obby days, i kept all the cables (20-30' in length) bound together with self-amalgamating tape adding cables just meant more tape, but it kept them together, cable ties have sharp'ish edges.....

DSC_9560.jpg

Although I have no experience with external power for the canon (yet), it is my understanding that it keeps the internal temp of the camera down a bit and a more constant temp. I may be wrong though. :)

Archived