Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's looks like a beast :D, how did it go?

Not too bad but I find the c8 too big to use in the housing estate, picks up too many thermals from the houses.

The 127mak seems to work better from this spot.

Typical.

I had a major family gathering last evening (One cousin over from NZ, two others with birthdays). It would have to be the clearest night for ages.

Bother!

Similar for me Dave... Beautifully clear night with the moon not rising till around midnight, so it would have been great for the 12" Dob but I had to be up at 6am so couldn't make the mist of it. Still, I was out till late-ish with the ST 120 and had some lovely views, though they would have been 'stellar' in the Dob.

It was sort-of-clear most of the night last night here, but thin cloud plus a bright moon did me no favours for imaging purposes. One of those nights that tempted you out but didn't promise much. Looking at the results most of my Ha frames are sub-standard, washed out, and although there is certainly an image there I doubt they are worth showing. Still need to process properly though. Tonight may be better so try to remain optimistic :)

ChrisH

Our  weather will always generate interest, good or bad.

This thread certainly contains lots of Opinion, and frustration.

We seem to have been plagued with so much rain, and  wind for so long now. I certainly can't recall a time

when it was ever as bad as recent months. Cumbria has suffered no and no less than other parts of the UK.

Wales has had a hammering too, And southern Englands floods have caused havoc.

I have never cursed and swore so much because of the foul condition inflicted on us by Mother Nature.

Not only my Astronomy has suffered, but my Golf too, rain renders me totally useless as a golfer.

I'm no great shakes to start with, but in rain, I may just as well leave the course and return home :grin:/.

Ron.

Looking back to January this year I note I've imaged on 19 separate nights, 15 in the past 3 months. It could have been a higher total if I were prepared to take a risk with the weather and sacrificed a few social events. I reckon it would be 7/month if I took advantage of every opportunity the skies allowed but that total would not make my missus very happy! (not that she's happy anyway - 'you're always in the shed!' is a frequent phrase heard... :) )

ChrisH

Looking back to January this year I note I've imaged on 19 separate nights, 15 in the past 3 months. It could have been a higher total if I were prepared to take a risk with the weather and sacrificed a few social events. I reckon it would be 7/month if I took advantage of every opportunity the skies allowed but that total would not make my missus very happy! (not that she's happy anyway - 'you're always in the shed!' is a frequent phrase heard... :) )

ChrisH

The shed is much preferred to the Dog House Chris. :rolleyes:   :grin:

Barkis, anyone who uses a capital G on golf is more worrying than the dreadful viewing conditions I've had for weeks ...

Only joking, of course, but with a sky that looks like bleached denim at the moment, forgive my being mischievous?

I've resigned myself to waiting and hoping

recently I'm lucky if I get 1 half good chance every 10 days or so which is no bad thing as I find when they do occur
I jump all over it and really get into it
If I had good conditions every night I think it would get boring, like my job the last 3 weeks I have worked with Rubbish bands

(I'm a sound engineer and work all over the place) but last night I had the pleasure of working with a superb band for the first time
and just like a good nights imaging / viewing I was still Buzzing hours later

then back to tonight I did my Nieces 7th Birthday party where I had to listen to Boy Bands and Pop music
only to get out at 7pm to a very heavy sky with rain

some you win some you loose

so tonight its a movie and a few beers and hope for better weather tomorrow

I class half good as a quick view of the planets and some decent bright stars
my LP and cloud cover living as I do I Glasgow is horrendous I can go almost a month with less than average viewing
thats if I'm not cloud dodging  on the nights I do get out, but I'm ever the optimist

Barkis, anyone who uses a capital G on golf is more worrying than the dreadful viewing conditions I've had for weeks ...

Only joking, of course, but with a sky that looks like bleached denim at the moment, forgive my being mischievous?

Don't worry Gordon, I'm not without a sense of humour   :grin:.

I love Golf,, it doesn't care much for me though, however, I promoted it's name to a higher level, in the hope 

it would reciprocate. HehHeh!

I await the Golf God's response with eager anticipation.

OK, oldpink. I know it can't be great with that big old Glesga glow and I'm not looking to moan the loudest.

Just so fed up with the haar and low cloud and aw man - it could be smiles better, naw?

Don't worry Gordon, I'm not without a sense of humour   :grin:.

I love Golf,, it doesn't care much for me though, however, I promoted it's name to a higher level, in the hope 

it would reciprocate. HehHeh!

I await the Golf God's response with eager anticipation.

He/she/it will Laugh ... Oh, and Loud.

There was a piece on the news today saying this spring has been the third warmest in the last 100 years.  Sadly during that time we have also had 40% more rain and 25% less sun than would be expected from the long-term averages.  I'm surprised the amount of sun is even that high, personally.  I've not seen a clear sky, night or day, in ages.

James

Archived