NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter GRS Jan 19th

Space Cowboy

Nice capture Stuart - despite the all to familiar crappy seeing! Showers here last night which meant ice this morning :rolleyes: .

Best regards,

Ralph

Good transit last night and being able to get out and image anything was a bonus after some truly rotten weather down at this end of the country.    My best seeing came just before 23:00hrs and lasted 40 mins or so before the clouds returned.

Lovely detail in there, especially the southern hemisphere below the GRS - the north looks quite serene in contrast.    I've been looking back at some of Damien's images over the last 4 years and it's incredible how volatile/dynamic the Jovian atmosphere is - real weather on an awesome scale..

Cheers Richard!

Thanks James & Jake, the seeing did seem to briefly improve between 11-11.30.  Jupiter is such a dynamic planet with all that cloud vortex racing around. I bet those Jupiter residents have some pretty choppy seeing when imaging Earth!

Amazing. I love the additional detail you get with mono cameras, but i just can't face the filter wheel and focusing issues!

Thanks. You don't need a filter wheel if you combine the mono and colour camera images. Just a case of swapping the cameras around every 5-10 mins.

Cheers guys! Angie winjupos works very well when seeing is not great as you can combine 2 or 3 of the better stacked images to produce one with less noise that can be upscaled or sharpened that bit more.

Archived