Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from the New Forest!

WebSentinel

A Big Hi to everyone at SGL! :hello1:

My name is Steve and I live just on the edge of the New Forest (unfortunately, close enough to Southampton docks to be effected by the light pollution 8)). I've been an amateur astronomer for just over 2 years now and I'm totally addicted.

I've just upgraded from an ETX 125 to a C11 on CG5 mount (the OTA is huge and the mount is a monster! :D) from FLO (thanks Steve for the advice and sorry for denying you the chance to purchase the C11 for future star parties! ). Not had an opportunity to use the C11 yet but when I do I'll be sure to post a review.

I'm currently not too bothered about venturing into astrophotography as there are more images on the net than I can shake a large telescope at! Besides I don't have a motor driven mount (yet) so, for the moment it's going to be old school style (which, I kinda like), sky maps, planispheres and patients!

The SGL forum has, so far, been a great source of information regarding equipment and general astronomy advice and I look forward to reading your posts and chatting with some of you in the future.

Can't wait for some decent clear skies and my first sighting of Mars! :rolleyes:

Steve

Archived