NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Spot the mistake.

KeironKK

That may be the most bizarre way I've yet seen a telescope fitted to a mount.  It says "Comes with all the instructions and nuts, bolts, etc that are required".  I wonder if that means (s)he hasn't worked out what to do with the counterweight and bar and the other slow-mo control yet?  Oh, and the eyepiece tray.

James

It appears that the bolt that holds the mount to the tripod has been screwed in where the counterweight should go, so the mount is sort of sideways on, only allowing the OTA to be turned on the DEC axis, which is now vertical.

I'm actually slightly in awe of the level of mechanical ineptitude that would allow someone to put it together that way and not realise it was clearly completely wrong.

James

Ive just looked at my scope and even with out instructions don't know how they have put it on wrong. Common sense tells me that the piece where the counter weight and bar sits is too small to support the whole scope. And also questions like how to move it up and down and side to side? And how to set to correctly to use the dials. Hmm some people r stoopid

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If you don't know you don't know. You do what you think is best, if they have never used a scope before and couldn't get it to fit the other (correct) way.

I've seen all sorts of silly things (and done a few of them myself) over the years, but try and not be too judgemental when people make what I believe to be "school boy" errors.

Ant

Archived