NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Wrexham

swelch

Hi and best wishes to you all.

Steve from Wrexham, North Wales, UK here.  Stumbled across this site via Google today and spent some time going through the forums and thought that this looks like an interesting place so I joined up....

Eagerly awaiting delivery of a Skywatcher 130P SupaTrak - which was supposed to be here today - now due tuesday, I was not a happy bunny this morning...!  What this means of course is that starting next tuesday, there will be 100% cloud cover for a least two weeks - so apologises in advance for that!

I'm not exactly a newbie as I've dabbled briefly in the past with a 'no name' reflector and a webcam.  Got some decent results too, but I think I just got lucky as it was very hit and miss. I'm aiming to do better this time around - the auto tracking should help with that I hope.

I've also obtained an adaptor to use a digicam/smartphone in leiu of a webcam for now - be interesting to see how that pans out, although I suspect I'll be going down the webcam route anyway.

I've read the old Philips TouCam webcams are a bit scarce now so I'm off to seek out an alternative.

bye for now

Steve

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi steve, you've come to the right forum, lots of helpfull people here. Im just down the road in farndon and the weather is already rubbish so your not missing anything yet!

hi phil didnt no there was some one else from down the road, theres a few of us now

Welcome to SGL Steve - Glad that you found us!! There's masses of information on the forum to get you going and sounds like there's a few folks near you too, which is a great bonus.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived