Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

so what did Santa bring ?

so I got a license for Pixinsight, a Lacerta 10x micro focusser (slow motion focus wheel thingy) and the book Lessons from the Masters, current concepts in astronomical image processing (looks like a cracking book, hats off to Olly for the recommendation).

Oh, and some other stuff, mostly whisky and video games.

What did other people get ?

Well, I ordered a TRF-2008 for my Equinox 80 yesterday. So I don't actually have it yet but it's kind of a belated Christmas present to myself (since no-one else got me one) :) They're quite pricey so I've been putting it off for a bit!

A set of thermals and a bottle of scotch from the inlaws to keep me warm inside and out; a star atlas; a cracking camera rucksack from my parents; and my beloved wife surprised me with an Astrotrac ;) Although I was told not to expect anything for my birthday next month ;)

I tried the Astrotrac in the brief 15 minutes between clouds and rain, and our current tripod makes it really hard to polar align, so I might have slipped and purchased a new Manfrotto tripod and geared head. Well, it would be a shame to not be able to take full advantage of the Astrotrac (plus she has saved me from spending £600-900 on a goto mount for a while so I have the money in the kity )

Very little, to be honest.  A bottle of decent Rioja, some socks (yes, really) and some Green & Blacks chile chocolate.  Oh, and some rhubarb vodka which I have to admit isn't a flavour combination that would have occurred to me, but will be interesting to try.  Not much else, but then there wasn't anything I genuinely wanted in the first place so I'm not unhappy.

James

must say I'm well impressed with pixinsight so far - slowly working through the loads of video tutorials - sitting in the lounge with headphones on getting disapproving looks from wife

Well I hope you are not spending all day listening to me :)

Harry

i got a canon pixma photo printer which im in love with, need to stop printing every dam thing tho lol my ink and paper is going down rapidly, and the usual stuff like lynx, after shave, slippers etc, not much on the stargazing front tho :(

GSO 8" F5 OTA - all set up now, but had very little suitable opportunity to use it so far (damn this rain!).

However I did get one night of looking at Jupiter and M42, M42 was quite a visual wow for me, I could see much more of the extended nebulosity than I had expected. Also some thermal clothes which will be very handy. At the moment though I'd need a submarine, so waiting and very muck looking forward to clearer nights ahead...

baader hyperion 17mm with fine tuning rings, 14 mm & 28 mm

revelation 99% dielectric diagonal

astrozap baader solar filter

1 year subscription to sky at night magazine .

the gift tag stated "i hope you know what this stuff is for ! "

Archived