Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Ottawa

ottUp

Hello Folks.

Richard here, from Ottawa, Canada. I came cross this forum in some recent searches and liked the look of the discussions and members. I hope you won't mind a colonial jumping in with an opinion now and then.

I've been observing for quite some time, mainly visual, and I particularly like "sidewalk astronomy" - public outreach in public places. I have a C9.25 on a Losmandy G11 and several small refractors. My main "sidewalk scope" is a Stellarvue 4" apo on a Losmandy GM8 - a great mix of portability and optical quality.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard

Welcome to the site.

As a beginner I really enjoyed reading your "informal papers" on your web site. I found them full of helpful advice for people like me and certainly contribute to demystifying (spelling?) the jargon. Some of the misleading advice you mention rang bells with some that I have already received!

I've book marked the site as I am interested to follow your updates. Many thanks

Ray

PS I was in Canada (BC - Vancouver Island) last year for a couple of weeks, lovely country

Hi Richard, and welcome SGL.

Spent some time in Ottawa, and stayed at the Chateau Laurier, by side of the Rideau Canal locks. Quite a 'drop' down those locks to the Ottawa River.

Used to drive out to Kenata each day, to a large telecomms manufacturer.

Dave

Archived